Honeymoon Discussions

Suggestions Honeymoon Nov 7-14th?

Hi!
We are searching for places to go for our Honeymoon the Week of Nov 7th.  I would love to go to someplace warm and beachy but hear it is hurricane season in November...Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Re: Suggestions Honeymoon Nov 7-14th?

• Don't give hurricane season a second thought.  November is the very tail end of the season.  No one can guarantee nice weather but the odds are strongly against your trip being impacted.  Decide on a location and get trip insurance and then don't worry about it!  We actually much prefer the Caribbean during that time because prices are much lower and destinations much less crowded.  I've been during the June-November time frame 6 different times and had great weather.  Last October we were in St. Barth and this November we will be sailing the BVI.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I agree with PP...We are going to Secrets Maroma Beach in the Riviera Maya in October for 10 nights...It is hurricane season but I purchased trip insurance just in case...I have been to Mexico in June and Turks and Caicos in August and didn't have any hurricane problems during those times and August is prime time for a hurricane.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aruba is out of the hurricane belt and safe- check out the RIU Palace.  I also loved The Reefs in Bermuda.
  • Cancun, Mexico..That is where we are going:)
  • We are also going to Cancun...I can't wait :)
  • aruba has been hit by hurricanes! do your research ladies!

• We are going to Royal Playa Del Carmen in October. Get cancel for any reason insurance and you should be fine. We booked through a TA who was a huge help with suggesting places that were in our budget and good fits for what we were looking for. I would suggest contacting one... they are totally free and a huge help! Ours is Elise@beachbumvacation.com
  • We booked the same week at the Sandals Royal Bahamian.

• I agree with Denise!  Trip insurance is your best bet to protect yourself if one of those nasty hurricanes tries to ruin your honeymoon! 

I would also second her resort choice; Secrets Maroma Beach is absolutely incredible! The resort is adults only, the service is top notch and the food is delicious. However, I would have to say, without a doubt, that the best thing about this resort is the beach. It is honestly one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. It truly was paradise. The resort also offers tons of activities if you’re feeling adventurous such as snorkeling, kayaking, and pool volleyball. Trust me, if you choose this resort, you won’t be disappointed. Good luck with your decision!

• I agree with pp's it is the end of the season around Nov. We went to Aruba for our Honeymoon and loved it! They have had hurricanes before but they haven't had one since the 70's. The locals also told us the last "hurricane" they experienced was nothing more then strong rain. Again can't predict the weather but the chanced of them having a hurricane is very slim. HTH
  • Thank you to All - !
  • There's always the Pacific, too (Hawaii, Los Cabos, Mexico, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards