April 2012 Weddings

Gift Ideas For Parents

I need some ideas for gifts for our parents?
Photobucket

Re: Gift Ideas For Parents

• I'm giving my grandma and FILs a square photo vase from the knot. They were about $35 I think. We'll put a picture of us from our E-pic session in the spot, and we'll go to the store the morning of the RD to get fresh flowers. We're going to give the gifts in private, same goes for WP gifts. 

My dad isn't contributing, but I thought I'd still get him a little something like a card and maybe a gift card or something golf related. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Mom- Kate Spade bag(buying during a popup sale 75% off)/photo frame
    Stepdad- unsure
    Dad- Maybe a bottle of Crown Cask 16

FI is in charge of his own parents.  I bought an extra photo frame just in case.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_gift-ideas-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:07013110-367f-4457-84e3-1c7a86042778Post:de7e5dda-7b4e-458d-b9d8-21a241e6eedf">Re: Gift Ideas For Parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]IDK about all the parents right now, but I'm getting my dad some <strong>cufflinks I found on Etsy</strong> that say "dad, I will always be your little girl" and "I will love you forever Dad".   :D I think I'm going to get my mom one of the embroidered hankies, like chickenbut, but I'm undecided still. Not sure about FI's parents.  They are hard to shop for.  lol
    Posted by blgrout[/QUOTE]
    That's so cute! Would you mind sharing which seller you got it from??
  • I just ordered personalized hankerchiefs from etsy. 
    FMIL:
    Donna,
    Thank you for raising the man of my dreams.  I love you,
    my name, and wedding date.

my mom (who i am not very close to):
    Mom,
    Today a bride, tomorrow a wife, forever your daughter.  I love you,
    my name and wedding date

my grandma (who i am extrememly close to):
    Grandma,
    To wipe your tears of joy, just as you have always wiped mine.  Thank you for always being there for me.  I love you,
    my name, wedding date

As far as the men, i only have to worry about a gift for my uncle who is walking me down the aisle....and that, i've not no clue! 
    Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since my parents have made a very generous donation to our wedding, I plan on getting them a 2-3 nights stay at a B&B or hotel. Something within driving distance so they don't have to pay to fly. I've been combing Living Social & Groupon for deals. 

My FI wants to get a watch for his dad (which we'll get on Rue La La) and we're going to get a necklace & skincare products for his mom. 

I also bought some fabulous silver plated frames (on Rue La La again) to put wedding pictures in for them later.
  • IDK about all the parents right now, but I'm getting my dad some cufflinks I found on Etsy that say "dad, I will always be your little girl" and "I will love you forever Dad".   :D

I think I'm going to get my mom one of the embroidered hankies, like chickenbut, but I'm undecided still.

Not sure about FI's parents.  They are hard to shop for.  lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I plan on getting my mom something to the spa a probably a massage and something else. Shell need after hosting about 8 family members at her house the weekend of the wedding and being there for me the day of! My dad is impossible to shop for - he likes baseball and eating at nice restaurants an not much else. Maybe I'll try and find some nice cufflinks for the day of and something else. Fi is in charge of his parents
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're going to get a nice "parent album" of our wedding photos for each set of parents.  I know my mom will be really excited!
    April 2012 Brides October Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Parent gifts are something I was not really familiar with in my area.  When I got married my parents and grandparents just got a special photo album.

When my first daughter got married all I really wanted was the pics, but she gave me a pair of beautiful gemstone earrings and a gift certificate for our fav restaurant to DH.

IMHO nice photo frames, gift cert. to a weekend getaway, spa, or restaurant are always a good idea.  ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_gift-ideas-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:07013110-367f-4457-84e3-1c7a86042778Post:5ecb8e6d-a3d6-4c7c-a513-9f9ea227333b">Re: Gift Ideas For Parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to get a nice "parent album" of our wedding photos for each set of parents.  I know my mom will be really excited!
    Posted by epona225[/QUOTE]

<div>Forgot to include this! We're doing these too, and I'm making a photo book for my MOH as an extra thank you and a sentimental gift. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • We got each set of parents a beautiful crystal bowl since they are both contributing to the wedding and we will also give them wedding albums once they are ready.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the ideas. I was thinking a personalized photo frame or photo book, but I think i have a few more ideas too now.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards