California-San Diego

Need a nice restaurant on Coronado Island

We are having a small wedding on Coronado Island and I am looking for a great restaurant for our reception. (20 people). Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Thanks,
Heidi

Re: Need a nice restaurant on Coronado Island

• wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candelas on the Bay.  I've eaten at the Gaslamp location.  It was really yummy.  I've seen photog blog posts of receptions at Candelas...so they've had receptions there before.
  • edited December 2011

I don't know about their dinner menu but the Marriott is right on the bay and has a wonderful brunch menu and great views.  They also do weddings so you might be able to talk to them and see what they have.

• Cclem1111Cclem1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Il Fornio has a gorgeous view of the bay and a private room that would be perfect. You can see across to downtown, there is a private patio to walk out onto, service is excellent. We have had a rehearsal dinner and a surprise birthday party there.
  • affairsbyamyaffairsbyamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coronado Boathouse is great too!
  • Sheena347Sheena347 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they do formal receptions, but if you're just looking for a place to have a nice dinner reception, I recommend the Sheerwater restaurant at Hotel Del Coronado. I looked into them as a potential venue for my upcoming wedding & it seemed pretty hassle-free. If you have more than 21 guests, then you have to sign a large party contract, otherwise a simple reservation should suffice. Also they have a preset 3 course dinner menu for $45-$50 per person that looks amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards