Missouri-St Louis

Need RD suggestions! STL

I'm sure this has been thrown up here a million times by now, but I'm not seeing anything current that helps.
I'm getting married in Clayton, St. Louis and am looking for a rehearsal dinner place that's nice, but not super expensive. Think less than $20-$30 a head and the MOG would like to have it include drinks, if even just beer and house wine.
We can go anywhere from the Hill to Old St. Charles, but I'd like to keep the abiance nice without getting snooty.
The problem I'm coming across is that in a lot of places we've looked at you end up paying more for the location (the loop, the hill, etc.) than for the food and service.

Any suggestions would be good, especially if you had your RD there too.

Re: Need RD suggestions! STL

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure this has been thrown up here a million times by now, but I'm not seeing anything current that helps.
    I'm getting married in Clayton, St. Louis and am looking for a rehearsal dinner place that's nice, but not super expensive. Think less than $20-$30 a head and the MOG would like to have it include drinks, if even just beer and house wine.
    We can go anywhere from the Hill to Old St. Charles, but I'd like to keep the abiance nice without getting snooty.
    The problem I'm coming across is that in a lot of places we've looked at you end up paying more for the location (the loop, the hill, etc.) than for the food and service.

Any suggestions would be good, especially if you had your RD there too.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to post this on your local board to get better answers.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is the area you are considering, but we attended an out of town wedding in St. Louis....the bride was from Clayton....and the rehearsal was held at J. Bucks...across from the hotel we stayed at.  Everyone really seemed to enjoy it.

• edited December 2011

Actually, we really had considered that, especially since it's so close. But a friend of mine, who was a bartender there for a number of years, recently got let go by the new management.
    I like the place, but considering how we was treated, I can't seem to make myself give it a fair shot now.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

• edited December 2011
    We seriously considered doing ours at Maggiano's, but decided it was too far from downtown.  Brentwood is right next to Clayton too though, so it wouldn't be too far for you.  Their food is awesome, and the prices are reasonable for their family style menu ($25ish a person, not including drinks).  BUT they'll give you a private room and a private bartender in addition to your servers if you ask.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Rigazzis on the Hill! Really nice and mellow, delicious food, annd great prices.

• edited December 2011
    There's a place in Clayton called the flower something... They have affordable dinners if i recall.
  • edited December 2011
    Maggiano's was booked for our date. I'll check out Rigazzis and that other place in Clayton if I can find it!

I saw another unweddingy thread online too. Looks like for St. Louis fair, Cunetto's, Talayna's, Rossino's and Rich & Charlies top the list too. I'll have to check those out as well.

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards