Outdoor Weddings

Wireless mics

My fiance and I are getting married outside this Sept.  on a site that overlooks a lake. The last outdoor wedding I went to didn't use wireless mics and it was fine, but it was also more shelterd are and a smaller crowd. We are having 220+ people and I'm concerned they might not be able to hear. Should I get a wireless mic? Can you rent them? Where can you find them? Neither our ceremony site nor pastor has one on hand.

Re: Wireless mics

• I've never been to that large of an outdoor wedding, so I've never been to one where a mic was used.    It does seem like with that many people it would be hard for everyone to hear.  So it's probably a good idea.

Check your local party/tent  rental place.  We are renting a system from the local party/tent rental place for our reception, mostly speakers that hook to an IPOD, and when FI called they told him they had wireless mics.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our DJ is wiring the minister and said that would be enough to hear all three of us with no feed back from numerous mic's
  • My H and the officiant were equipped with wireless mics.  You can actually see the mic in my sig below.  I would recommend it so that everyone will be able to hear what is happening.  My DJ provided the mics.
  • Get one. Nothing is more annoying than being a guest and not hearing the ceremony.

Ask your DJ/band or any event rental place in town will have them.
  • The videographer that we're considering said that he would place wireless mics on the groom.  If you don't have a videographer, check with your DJ--they might have one, (or you could rent one).

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards