• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

TGIF

Happy Friday! 
What do you ladies have planned for the weekend?! 

Sunday is DH's birthday. I have no idea what to do for him. I work 8-4 Saturday and Sunday which stinks. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday. I wish he would just tell me! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: TGIF

• Happy early birthday Mr. JLQ.

We are going to IHOP tonight, but nothing fancy this weekend.  This weekend, we are going to a health fair at my church.  Other than that, we are just going to relax. 
    Married: 5.28.11

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • Morning!

I would LOVE to get a new car this weekend. I already know what I want, but am waiting as long as possible. But I have no idea how long is too long before the trade in value depletes. So for now, it's just a guessing game.

Sometime early Saturday we're going to the consignment sale we have here in town that I went to yesterday. With the cooler weather coming, Chase can't keep wearing shorts, so I need to get him some more cold weather clothes.

Not sure what else is going on. Happy birthday to your H!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really wanted to go uptown tonight to the old movie theater and watch a movie, except on Fridays it changes and I don't think DH would want to see what's playing now. Boo. But I'm thinking if we go early enough to the theater at the mall, we can get the matinee price tickets and see a new movie. Hmm. 
    Dang the movies for being so expensive! 

I've never been to an IHOP. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Are you serious?!  Their pancakes and omelettes are awesome :-).

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • They don't exist around me. 
    my read shelf:
  • I will have to send you a virtual pancake.

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • Happy Friday!

DH is going out of townt this weekend with my brother and some guy friends for the IU/OSU football game.  Tailgating....  So Bandit (our yellow lab) and I will have the house to ourselves.  It's kind of nice sometimes.  Tomorrow I'm going to the spa.  Other than that, I will just relax and get more stuff ready for the move.

@JLQ:  Happy Birthday to your hubby!  You've never been to an IHOP?!  That's impressive, lol.  I much prefer Cracker Barrel or The Original Pancake House, but IHOP is decent.

Anniversary
  • I'm not a huge fan of IHOP, but put a plate of blueberry pancakes from Cracker Barrel in front of me and I'm happy. :)
    Anniversary
  • Che - Thanks for the virtual pancakes! lol! They look yummy!!

I LOVE Cracker Barrell!!!! There's one here out by the mall. YUMMM! 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to Re: TGIF:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a huge fan of IHOP, but put a plate of blueberry pancakes from Cracker Barrel in front of me and I'm happy. :)
    Posted by kris2131[/QUOTE]

Agreed! They are amazing! Now I want pancakes.

Rum: Have you ever been to The Pancake House in Buffalo, well Williamsville? OMG so freakin good!

TGIF!! I can't wait to go and rest. I am so tried. The freakin Yankees are killing me with their extra innings. I can't be up past midnight two days in a row. WTF? We are not sure what are plans are this weekend. If the Yankees win we are going to NY because we have tickets to game two of ALCS. If they lose we will probably head to Letchworth State Park and enjoy the fall. We also have yard work to do. Stupid leaves.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I've never been to the Original Pancake house but I've been to Cracker Barrel a couple of times.  I've always had their lunches and dinners and never their breakfast.

Ours is right beside our IHOP.  I may need to try it.

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • @Degrea:  As a matter of fact, I have been to the Williamsville Original Pancake House several times!  Was last there with my hubby for breakfast when we were up there for Lori's wedding (August of 2009).  Love that place.  We have 2 here in Cincinnati.  The second one just opened up near us (and very close to our new house) a couple of months ago.  Yummy!

I like Cracker Barrel's french toast.  I also really like their chicken n' dumplings.  Mmmm.  Maybe I'll carry that out tonight since DH is out of town.
    Anniversary
  • We have an Original Pancake House here, but if I want pancakes on a weekend morning or something, CB is a 5 minute drive away vs OPH is 45 minutes away. And the crazy thing? You can drive for 45 minutes on the freeway and still be in Jacksonville.
    Anniversary
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    1000 Comments
    edited October 2012
    Do you all like First Watch?!

I do, but it's hard to get into on weekends.  We have a lot of neat independent local places too.
    Anniversary
  • kris2131kris2131 member
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    Oh crap! I forgot that was on! Thank goodness I dvr'd it!

Edit: Now that I re-read your post, I'm starting to wonder if you were talking about a tv show. And now that I think about it, I was thinking about Chicago Fire.

What's First Watch?
    Anniversary
  • Ohhhh! We do have some! And I know exactly where now that I see the locations. Everything on the menu looks delicious. Of course that could be because I'm hungry. :)
    Anniversary
  • We don't have any in Georgia :-(.

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • @Kris:  I know they have First Watch's in Tampa (because I've eaten at some).  Good to know they are in JAX, too.
    Anniversary
  • I didn't know that The Original Pancake House was a chain. HAHA! I took H there for the first time not that long ago. He approved! And Rum if you ever come back to BLO you let me know. I would love to get together.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • What do you think of my moving announcement?  *I had to take a pic of it uploaded on my computer.

I still need to put a nice picture of the front of our new house on it (need to take a good pic).  On the back of the postcard it says come visit us....our address, etc....  It gave me the option to post 3 pics so I figured I would show the outside of the house and then the pool area (our fav).  Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Anniversary
    [QUOTE]We have an Original Pancake House here, but if I want pancakes on a weekend morning or something, CB is a 5 minute drive away vs OPH is 45 minutes away. And the crazy thing? You can drive for 45 minutes on the freeway and still be in Jacksonville.
    Posted by kris2131[/QUOTE]

I have lived in Jacksonville. I think you should clarify how much of that time is actually driving and how much of it is in a traffic jam.

Also GOOD MORNING!

Tomrrow I am meeting with a lady and putting in an offer in on a house AND listing her exsisting house. (Cue happy dance)

Charles says Hi!

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Also I have been craving pancakes from IHOP like crazy lately. Hmmm, when this deal closes it's IHOP time. Although the boys have been wanting Golden Corral, ick. They love buffets. Especially ones with chocolate fountians. but ick.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : I have lived in Jacksonville. I think you should clarify how much of that time is actually driving and how much of it is in a traffic jam. Also GOOD MORNING! Tomrrow I am meeting with a lady and putting in an offer in on a house AND listing her exsisting house. (Cue happy dance) Charles says Hi!
    Posted by Monolayth3[/QUOTE]

45 minutes on a good day! Maaayyyybeeee 35-40 minutes. In a traffic jam, your best bet is to turn around and go back home.
    Anniversary
  • I have had way too many skittles.  That's really all I got this morning. 

Oh, and I have to move stuff between freezers that are at - 80 degrees C celsius (which is something like -100 fahrenheit).  My fingers are already cold.
  • I have to go to Bed Bath and Beyond today to look for lace curtains for my grandma. .. When I was home last weekend I noticed that hers were all ripped, so I asked what happened and she says "Well I washed them, and when they came out that's how they looked". But she hung them back in her windows anyhow. God love her. 
    my read shelf:
  • If you ladies could keep your fingers crossed for me - tomorrow I have an interview for a nanny position! This would be a million times better than my current job. 
    my read shelf:
  • Fingers crossed, JLQ!  I hope you get the job!
    Anniversary
  • FINGERS DOUBLED CROSSED!!! Good Luck JLQ!!
  • Good luck jlq! I don't think there is an IHOP or a Cracker Barrel in Seattle...at least not that I've found. All the good stuff is on the east coast. :P Does IHOP still have pumpkin pancakes in the fall? If not, it was several years ago that I had them.

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards