January 2013 Weddings

Guest list

Sooo Im trying to figure out how to split up a (hopefully) 150 person guest list between my dad, my fiance's parents and ourselves.  And on top of that, how many extra people should I invite?

Re: Guest list

• Well what is the maximum number of guests in your budget? Our break down is 40% my side 40% his side and 20% friends... As for "extra people" can you explain that please
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh thats a good break down!  Thanks.  And by extra people, i believe I read somewhere that you should invite extra because there will always be people who cant come and so to get your total number (for example 150) you should actually invite like 175 or something.
  • Typically that is the rule of thumb BUT if you invite 175 be prepared to pay for 175 people... dont add extra people just to have a bigger guest list. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm only inviting people who I know are at least a 95% chance of attending, I dont' want to stress about the will they wont they issue. It also helps that we have VERY small families so this is almost all local friends. The only thing I'm really worried about is a couple of out of town people who might not feel they have the finances to travel. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!
  • bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our guest list is probably 40/40/20 as well.  I know that if some of the long distance families can't make it, I could easily include some more local friends.  I should know if the out of towners are likely to attend around the time the invites go out anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards