Missouri-St Louis

Out of Town Guest Bags - St. Louis Style

Hello!  I have several family members traveling to St. Louis for my October wedding.  Many, if not all, have grown up and lived in St. Louis, but I still want to greet them with something special for traveling such a long way.  I don't want to spend more than $15per bag altogether.  I've heard about bottled water, maps, area coupons, etc.  Any suggestions about what to include?  Thanks!

Re: Out of Town Guest Bags - St. Louis Style

• Jmm10Jmm10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Goodies for Guests, she decorates out of town boxes for you and they look super cute.  I didn't hear about her until after my wedding but she's doing a friend of mine's for this September.  I think her boxes start at 12. 
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_out-of-town-guest-bags-st-louis-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:43c53370-0e94-4705-8e98-be2f5bde18daPost:b709fdd0-9050-436c-9ee7-e35a2156df1f">Re: Out of Town Guest Bags - St. Louis Style</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Goodies for Guests, she decorates out of town boxes for you and they look super cute.  I didn't hear about her until after my wedding but she's doing a friend of mine's for this September.  I think her boxes start at 12. 
    Posted by Jmm10[/QUOTE]

Does she have a website?
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will check those out too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

On the Hill Marinara Sauce &  Gooey Butter Cake are some ideas that I had to accompany the typical other items.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• edited December 2011
    You can include write ups on you and your fiance's favorite dining & entertainment hot spots in a creative way, including pics of yourselves at such establishments and menu items or activitie you both recommend.  (like a 'his' & 'hers' picks)
    I second the Missouri Baking Co.'s Gooey Butter cake, but don't forget Dad's oatmeal cookies and Gus' famous pretzels.  (I never saw the big deal about the pretzels, but my dad explained it as "just being a St. Louis tradition".
    You and your fiance could go apple picking at Eckerts a week or so prior to the wedding and pick apples for the bags...include a photo of you two picking the apples!
    FYI: If you recommend a trip up the arch(via brochure, etc), be sure to check the website for reservation times, etc.  When they are busy, it is often hard to get a seat to go up especially for groups.  Hae fun!!
  • Jmm10Jmm10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • keziah23keziah23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe print each one a st louis family attrations card with the coupons on it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'd do Bud Select/ Light, gooey butter cakes and a day pass on metrolink so they could sight see.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • wdb&mcmwdb&mcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im a manager at a hotel and we have a lot of bags come and go...

Some things I have liked seeing are: Chocolates in the shape of the Arch, Fitz Rootbeer, Bud Light, and Gooey Louies. I also like when people put an itinerary for the weekend in the bag. (That helps the front desk direct your guests better in case someone misplaces their invitation)

If you contact concierge- they publish a small pamphlet that has really good maps in it- they will send you some for free. The contact used to be Randi  but she just left, Im not sure who took her spot
  • CRW05CRW05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Goodies for Guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards