Connecticut

Saint Clements Castle pricing?

Hello all,

My guy & I are trying to budget for our wedding & really like Saint Clements Castle just from seeing photos! But we're not sure if we can afford it, since there is no pricing on their website. 

Anyone have pricing for this venue handy? 

Thanks =] 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saint Clements Castle pricing?

• megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married there in June and LOVED every single thing about it.

I don't have the pricing on me at work, but I can get it for you when I'm home tonight and PM you the details.  I think it was $125/person but after taxes and service charges it was about $160/head.  We also got married in the Waterford Room during peak season on a Saturday night.  They have less expensive options available.
  • edited December 2011
    They have a la carte pricing so if you want chicken the price is $89 price is per meal plus tax and gratuity. So you can plan your budget based on your menu.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saint-clements-castle-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:73cdc45d-5245-4c05-bcd9-810273734077Post:5ea54cdb-a89f-4489-a8ad-0a9067ac5627">Re: Saint Clements Castle pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have a la carte pricing so if you want chicken the price is $89 price is per meal plus tax and gratuity. So you can plan your budget based on your menu.
    Posted by Lenny521[/QUOTE]

We were grandfathered into the old pricing.  It's great that it was changed!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in Janaury and the winter "discount" helped a bit, it's between $95-$110 per person now. 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bianca1993bianca1993 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stay away of that place... my cousin just got married there i cant tell you how bad it was.... there where 40 of us in the wedding party they did not give us one piece of food we asked 3 times and nothiing.... so hungry.... then  we went to the bar for drinks they gave them too us in paper cups omg come on..... then dinner was so bad the filet was cold the pasta was hard it was all just bad....and my aunt paid 200.00 per peson it was all a waste of money....    
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saint-clements-castle-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:73cdc45d-5245-4c05-bcd9-810273734077Post:b63efca9-c0ac-41b8-bbc2-d78edbaf9904">Re: Saint Clements Castle pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]stay away of that place... my cousin just got married there i cant tell you how bad it was.... there where 40 of us in the wedding party they did not give us one piece of food we asked 3 times and nothiing.... so hungry.... then  we went to the bar for drinks they gave them too us in paper cups omg come on..... then dinner was so bad the filet was cold the pasta was hard it was all just bad....and my aunt paid 200.00 per peson it was all a waste of money....    
    Posted by bianca1993[/QUOTE]

I just got married there in June and pretty much had the exact opposite of this.  The minute we showed up to the Castle, we were greeted with drinks and food.  The entire wedding party was accommodated.  We were given two personal wait staff, one for me and H and one for the WP.  And the food was AMAZING.  Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious it was and how much there was.  We had SO much food.  Even our photographer mentioned that he loves shooting weddings there because it isn't your "typical" wedding food, it's so much better.

Sorry your cousin and 40 person WP had a bad experience.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saint-clements-castle-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:73cdc45d-5245-4c05-bcd9-810273734077Post:10d4b9c4-9469-4e8e-9c1d-72f29f5ea091">Re: Saint Clements Castle pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saint Clements Castle pricing? : I just got married there in June and pretty much had the exact opposite of this.  The minute we showed up to the Castle, we were greeted with drinks and food.  The entire wedding party was accommodated.  We were given two personal wait staff, one for me and H and one for the WP.  And the food was AMAZING.  Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious it was and how much there was.  We had SO much food.  Even our photographer mentioned that he loves shooting weddings there because it isn't your "typical" wedding food, it's so much better. Sorry your cousin and 40 person WP had a bad experience.
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]
    Same.  My brother and SIL were married there in Aug 2008 and I was the bridal party and when we arrived and were taking pictures in the gardens, the staff brought us as much champagne and food as we wanted.  I don't remember too much else (had a lot of wine hehe) but my brother and SIL loved that place.  It was a little pricey though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Remember everyone has good and bad experiences at different places. Saint Clements at one point used different caterers behind the scenes for their events. So one person could have a good experience and the very next weekend have a bad one. I'm not sure how they do it now, but they were doing this recently. My friends mother sometimes caters there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I jusy had my wedding there on June 18th.
    If my memory serves me correctly, a saturday wedding you only have two choices for times, either 11:30am or 7pm.
    The 11:30 is $112 per person and you HAVE to pay for 125 people, regardless if you have that many people coming or not.
    The 7pm is $125 per person and you HAVE to pay for 150 people.
    Friday and sunday prices i think are $108 and you can have it at anytime of the day. Weekdays are even cheaper, but I do not remember those prices.
    These are the prices during wedding season, which i think is mid may to early october. Anything during the "off-season" is considerably less expensive.
    I do have to say, even though it was beyond our budget, the service we recieved and the scerene landscape and views were BEYOND worth every penny!
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! I definitely think it's WAY beyond our budget =[ 

Thanks for all the info, really helps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We're going to take a tour there next Sunday, even though it might be a little out of our price range. How was it having 2 weddings going on there at once? Was there enough parking?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I
    found the pricing.  Our contract was the old pricing of $125 plus tax and servce charges (this included the food and cake) they have since terminated their contract with Creative Cakes and it's no longer in the package.

Pricing now range from $99 for the chicken, pork, veggie to $112 for the Duet to $114 for the Fiet.
    There is a perservation fee of $500 and $625 fee if you want to get married on site.  (that is the Waterford Room) The Prince Edward Room ranges from $85-$94.

This was the 2011 rate sheet I found.

As for parking - plenty of it and I didn't even know there was another wedding going on.  They keep everything so seperate that you and your guests are treated like you're the only wedding there.
  • edited December 2011
    We just got married there last week and it was beyond amazing...it came out to a little over $100 per head for the prince edward room and we did the friday night so you get to pick your times and a minimum of 125 guests instead of 150...we paid for the whole wedding ourselves so it was really hard to write those checks but after the wedding we have been receiving endless compliments and my experience there was worth every penny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we also only offered vegetarian, chicken, and porkchop to our guests which were the less expensive meal options
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We were married there in February.  For a Saturday night wedding we paid $84 pp with taxes, etc. it came out to about $106 pp.  We booked in 2009 so we did get 2009 pricing.  We did want a summer wedding but when we saw SCC we fell in love and HAD to get married there...we could afford it in the winter so we went with a winter wedding.  It was amazing.  I know everyone has different experiences, but we did not have a single complaint. Everyone is still (6 months later!) talking about how awesome our wedding was and how great the food and service was.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards