Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Airbrush vs Tradional Makeup application??

I'm curious as to what the difference is between the two, as well as, the pros and/or cons to each. 

Did you do trials for both kinds?
What style did you chose for your wedding?
What did you love about your makeup and what didn't you like?

Anniversary

Re: Airbrush vs Tradional Makeup application??

• Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Airbursh is foundation which is applied using air, like a spray.

I chose the airbrush and loved it! I thought it was very light and stayed on all night. For day to day I wear the bare minerals powder. The other thing I loved about my make-up was the fake eyelashes, they made such a difference!

As for airbrush, some people don't like it, I would recommend a trial before you decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a trial for airbrush and use Bare Escentuals everyday.  I didn't use my regular make up because I had heard that it doesn't work well with photography.

I loved EVERYTHING about my make up!  I also recommend the fake lashes.
    My sister in the middle had hers airbrushed too.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CLEARLY Meg and I are on the same wavelength! LOL
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose airbrush because I have rosacia (sp?) on my cheeks and I found the airbrush makeup was the only makeup that can give me an absoloutely flawless complexion.
    I really loved the way the airbrush makeup came out and got so many complements on the finished product. All my girls loved it as well.

I also agree with the falsh lashes.. it is a must have thing!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose airbrush. I don't really know why except I was pleased with the trial and I just wanted a more flawless look. It felt neat when she put it on too.  My bridesmaids had the option to choose and about half of them switched to airbrush the day of! So apparently they liked it :-). Airbrush is really just more of a flawless look. But I think both can be great :-). Good luck and God bless in your choice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend doing a trial to see if you like airbrush make up. It does even out your complexion and it's surprisingly lightweight. But if don't normally wear a lot of make up, it can be a lot to take in the first time you get "wedding make up" done. I think I would have started crying if I had waited until my wedding and not done a trial.

I did trials with two make up artists recommended on the boards and one make up artist applied airbrush blush and I hated it!! It looked really painted on and fake up close. I finally chose to do very light airbrush foundation and powder blush. The key is to let your make up artist know what you love and what you hate. She'll be happy to work with you.

I'm just doing fake eyelashes at the outer edge of my lash line. I tried both full and partial and chose the way I was most comfortable with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing airbrush (and the fake lashes!) on Saturday.  I tried it at my trial and loved it.  It felt so light and since I don't usually use a lot of makeup that was important to me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 2 trials... one with traditional makeup and one with the airbrush and to be honest, I didn't notice a difference at all. Although the finish was smoother with the airbrush, because I have some light acne scaring I didn't think it did that great of a job at covering it up. I decided to go with the traditional makeup.

Def have 2 trials, take lots of pics and go with what you like best.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a woman of color, finding a foundation to match my skin tone was allready one challenge and finding the right amount of coverage to cover up my imperfections (light acne scarring and blemishes) was another challenge. I found traditional make up just didn't work for my oily skin.It felt heavier than air brush and it required too many touch ups. But air brush make up is amazing! However, my make up artist, Sara Faella needs to take most of the credit for that because only a talented make up artist knows the right amount of foundation application. I definitely suggest trying both and finding an experienced make up artist.

• Options
    MrsLavalleeMrsLavallee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a makeup artist who does both traditional and airbrush applications, I whole-heartedly attest to the superiority of airbrush makeup.  It feels weightless, looks flawless and lasts all day/night.  Any photographer will also tell you it photographs much better than regular makeup as well.  If the artist uses the silicone-based formula, it is also water-resistant, which means if you cry it will not streak down your face, nor sweat off.  The thing with airbrush makeup is that it takes skill to apply it properly, and I have heard horror stories about some people saying they had it done and it was too heavy, looked cakey, etc.  Someone who applies airbrush makeup that way is doing it wrong, so definitely have a trial done in advance to make sure your makeup artist is doing it correctly. Your own skin should show through (freckles, beauty marks, etc), it should look like your skin with a more flawless appearance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards