Snarky Brides

WR - Venue Hunting

Since I'm in the middle of trying to find a venue, I was curious...

How many venues did you go look at before you found 'the one'?

Re: WR - Venue Hunting

• 2. The venue we used was actually the same place where I went to my high school prom, so I knew what it looked like. When I saw the price and the amazing food options, I knew it was the place.
  • We went to 4 or 5 different places. If you dont have a place already picked out it is nice to see a few options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Kate CKate C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010

We had to chose from a  Yacht or a resort,  we are doing both. Wedding on a boat reception on the beach at a hotel.

• edited December 2010
    Five. 

ETA: I never had a "This is THE ONE" moment with the venues. I found two I really liked that I knew we're in my price range and then made pros/cons lists. 
  • We only visited 2 venues (same company but 2 different locations/buildings) but I looked at about 5 online. Most in the area were just way out of budget for us.
  • Holy crap.

Right now I think I have somewhere around 20 places I'm interested in going to look at. Still waiting for FI's input on the ones I've been eyeing. And some input from a friend of the family that does event and wedding planning.

Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the first ones we go to will just sing to us that that's the place!
  • I'm going with my FSIL to look at one on friday but I'm pretty sure it's it. I'm so excited and in love with this place I think my face is gonna explode. looky!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • One.  The B&B at which we were married is down the street from DH's former residence.  We rode past it on our bicycles a few months after we started dating, and there was a bride standing on the balcony as we went by.  From that moment on I knew I wanted to stand in that same spot on my wedding day, and it happened to be very affordable, so we made it happen. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • We looked at 4. I had an idea of what I wanted and initially thought we'd go with the 3rd place but it was just too expensive. The 4th place ended up jumping out at me from some wedding location magazine. It's 15 minutes from where I grew up and I never knew it was there. Once I saw it, I loved it.
  • I looked at dozens online, but only looked at one in person. Many of the ones I looked at online were out of town, and before I had a chance to even look at them, we found our venue and it happened to be local, so we went with it. Plus it was very affordable and fit the vibe we wanted.
    11-13-10
    Planning + Married
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wr-venue-hunting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c53269c-f425-41bf-b395-33b89c1ad897Post:4a0085c5-2764-4b97-a07f-d388a9ccf542">Re: WR - Venue Hunting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap. Right now I think I have somewhere around 20 places I'm interested in going to look at. Still waiting for FI's input on the ones I've been eyeing. And some input from a friend of the family that does event and wedding planning. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the first ones we go to will just sing to us that that's the place!
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE]

We looked at about 6, but only considered 3 seriously.

A friend of mine is getting married next year at the Kyoto Grand in LA, it's beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked at four. We went with the second we visited.
  • 4-I chose the second one because I knew the minute I walk in that it was the one but  I still kept my appointments at 2 more to make sure my gut was right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I looked at hundreds (fine, not hundreds, at least 50) online but only visited one in person other than the one I picked. 
  • I looked at loads of venues online, but narrowed it down to only 3, then one of them acted shady on the phone so we didn't go look there, and the other one was kind of far away. So we really just saw the one place but it was ok!
  • I looked at tons online and talked to a bunch of places at wedding shows but I think we went to look at 3.
  • We pretty easily decided on Vegas as the location, but finding the venue was just dumb luck.  We looked at at least 15 over a whirlwind three days and only even found out about the place we ended up choosing when we were in the resort looking at a different place.  One look, decision was made.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• None. Actually we were basically just sitting having dinner at my venue when Mike said, "I want to marry you here!" It is our favorite inn/restaurant in the world though so it probably would have been our first choice anyway. I probably would not have considered getting married somewhere 'just because.' It needed to mean something to me and I guess it worked out well.
  • We really didn't go searching. We basically had 3 options, and narrowed it down to the one that would work the best.(My parent's church) :)
  • Reception or ceremony?  Togehter, probably 30.  I'd say about 20-25 were for the ceremony.  I had something in mind, and nothing fit. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards