Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Someone to hang paper lanterns

Hi Ladies,

Do you know of anyone or a business that specializes in hanging paper lanterns at the reception site?  Is this something the florist does?  TIA!

Re: Someone to hang paper lanterns

• Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bet if you hired a day of coordinator, she would do it.  Ours is going to assemble an arch for the ceremony for us, she even said she'd pick it up from our house the weekend before.  I'm so glad we hired her!

I'll give her a shameless plug since I love her:

www.cakeweddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Either the site coordinator or the florist hung them at my sister's wedding. Check with them. Or, as PP said, a DOC would definitely take care of it.
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We should get a knottie team together to do this kind of stuff, lol. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally tried to hire a DOC to do it, and she was more than willing, but my venue only allows their own employees on the ladder.  I would check with your venue first.  We are paying someone there $25 per hour to hang them.  I don't have a ton of confidence in that, so I am hiring the DOC to coordinate.

BTW, I LOVE my DOC.  When i contacted her about the lanterns, she called the venue, got the whole story, and called me back within an hour.  Her response time is consistently that good!  http://www.pinkorchidweddings.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you can also hire a rental or lighting company, but the lights aren't as pretty and don't come out random.  Also, one company wanted to charge me I think $30-$40 per lantern
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the florist is doing mine.
  • Options
    abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, i would check with your florist.  Ours is hanging a few for us.  GL.
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • Options
    Super_GroomSuper_Groom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having Boston Uplights do our wedding. We were oringinally going to have them do Lanterns but when the venue finished remodeling we decided to not have that element at the wedding. I know they were very reasonable price wise and could hang them in almost any type of venue. Can not hurt to check them out. The owner Paul is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards