Connecticut

PSA: Hartford Bridal Show

saw some posts about the upcoming bridal show...it is Jan. 16-17 at the Hartford Expo Center.

just a warning...i learned this the hard way last year.

they give your contact information and your email address to EVERY vendor in attendance.  so if you give them any info, be prepared to get like 10 emails daily from vendors that you have no interest in.  the vendors aren't told that they just get everyone's email...they think the emails they get are only from those people who are interested in them.

i'd give them a fake email at the door (or one you dont care about getting a lot of junk email in) and then give your real info to each individual vendor you want to contact you...

Re: PSA: Hartford Bridal Show

• tigressfivetigressfive member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And be prepared to win "free" vacations.  I got so many calls and they either want you to go to a presentation where they try to sell you their product.  Or I got this other one that told me I'd have to give them $350 to join their club to use the free nights. 
    Seriously I had to change my email after going to a few bridal shows.
    Oh and bring some sort of bag for all the pamphlets you get
  • edited December 2011
    Is it worth going to? I haven't been to a bridal show but I am at the 1.5 year mark and will be starting to book vendors soon. 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • tigressfivetigressfive member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are looking at booking vendors soon they do offer some good deals at the shows.  I have been to a few and I find mostly they are just trying to sell you their buisness.  If you are just starting at looking at vendors it is a great way to see a bunch of them at once.  Oh and if you can bring address lables with email on them so you don't take so much time filling out raffle forms. 
    Just make sure the email is one you dont' care about it getting filled with junk
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's worth a shot if you dont know which vendors you want to hire.  we were able to speak with a few vendors we were thinking of hiring at the show...but in the end didnt use anyone we talked to there!  

one nice thing is that most bring their pricing lists, so its a really easy way to get prices without emailing each person...
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bridal Shows are definitely worth going to. Alot of vendors will offer special deals if you make appointments with them at the show. I actually met my photographer at the XL Center show. I hadn't heard of him before, but he had many examples of his work and pricing lists and he's absolutely amazing! Our E-pics are phenominal. We ended up getting discounts off the package price because I met him at the show.

I second the addresses labels with your information. Your hand will get tired. Only put the information you want them to have on it. The vendors will call you if you put your phone number, so only put your e-mail if you don't want random vendor phone calls.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards