Wedding Woes

Did anyone watch Clint Eastwood last night?

B/c that was crazy.  

At first, I couldn't figure out what was going on.  When he said he had some questions for Mr. Obama (I kept yelling President Obama, I hate it when candidates do that particular trick), I thought he was going to use it as a rhetorical speech device, y'know, like, "Mr. Obama how can you justify..." type thing.  

Then I couldn't figure out WTF he was looking at b/c the camera didn't pull away far enough to see the empty chair.  I thought he was trying to talk to someone in the wings.  I thought, Wow, is the President at the RNC?  That's ballsy of him.

Then I saw the chair and still couldn't figure out what was going on.  

I would say it took me 5 minutes into the "interview" to figure out what he was doing.  Then, he just seemed to lose his mind up there.  He was mumbling and all over the place.  The only jokes he could get were basically the gag implying the President told him to go f*** himself.  Which if there's one thing I really don't like about the President it's that he's always so calm and collected in everything...I'd like to see him go a little bit off the edge just once.

Re: Did anyone watch Clint Eastwood last night?

• I didn't watch it because of the decided lack of TV at our house, but I don't know whether to be happy or sad that Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has higher ratings than the RNC.

• I was proud to help those ratings on Tuesday night, ahstill.  I figured if I was going to watch fat white people be rude, I at least needed to get some entertainment value out of it.  I didn't think I could watch Ryan w/out throwing something.

Man, if that woman sneezes straight into her hands w/out washing them again, I was going to be physically ill.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_did-anyone-watch-clint-eastwood-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6f454b36-f00f-4066-9d38-d31d739b4001Post:13a7f1d6-eb86-4cff-9ae5-4190b7f03f31">Re: Did anyone watch Clint Eastwood last night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was proud to help those ratings on Tuesday night, ahstill.  I figured if I was going to watch fat white people be rude, I at least needed to get some entertainment value out of it.  I didn't think I could watch Ryan w/out throwing something. Man, if that woman sneezes straight into her hands w/out washing them again, I was going to be physically ill.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

I watched two episodes of Honey Boo Boo over the weekend because they were streaming on the TLC website. I WANT MORE. My boyfriend was confused because I'd been watching all Japanese language shows all weekend then switched to watching that and it took him awhile to realize that I was watching something in English because, you know, rednecks.

Ryan makes me want to punch things forever and ever.

And GROSS, that's what the crook of the arm is for. Or, you know, a damn Kleenex.

• OMG DID YOU SEE THE ONE WITH THE NECK CRUST?  I almost threw up then too.

The entire family is crazy and it's a shame b/c Alana is actually cute.

Oh and here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFwogaNPKhs&feature=youtu.be.  I laughed and laughed at this.
  • And this is what FB is all about. The occasional commentary about watching the RNC so I don't have to ;
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DHarma is sweet to call my ranting "occasional commentary".  ;)
  • I thought the Clint Eastwood thing was completely bonkers.  The implication that Obama would be tossing around vulgar insults was really, really low. 

We were watching on NBC and I loved the look on Andrea Mitchell's face when they went back to the booth after Clint Eastwood was done.  She was soooo disgusted.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Who decided to give Clint a mic?

Crazy.

• Oh lord, one of the Republicans at work is trying to convince people that Eastwood's speech was good.  That he's been in front of the camera for years, so if he was stumbling it was on purpose.  I was like, Did we watch the same thing?  B/c I don't think he sold what he was trying to do at all.
  • They were just talking about it on Diane Rehm.  It seems that he was only scheduled for 3 minutes and took 15.  And it was all unscripted, nothing on the teleprompters.  So he really was just rambling.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's why the beginning seemed more put together.

Oh, that's funny as hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards