Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

BIG Step

FI officially notified the Air Force about our Wedding Date(s)

His take " I asked pretty please for the Air Force Personnel Command to kindly consider our wedding dates when assigning my follow on training"

His take is cute. Here is to hoping it all works out. Still praying Memorial Day wknd was a good choice!

Re: BIG Step

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • edited December 2011
    yes yes good luck!! Hope it all works out, I'm sure it will :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh! Being at the mercy of the armed forces when planning can be a super pain- my bestie is getting married New Years Eve becuase it was when he would be able to be home (and he leaves the very next day to go back :( )

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am sure it will all work out :)
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_big-step?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:a48acc39-9c07-4838-b3fd-f7c8e8748c0cPost:5d4f6796-3e34-4c02-bc20-bf83276655ca">Re: BIG Step</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh! Being at the mercy of the armed forces when planning can be a super pain- my bestie is getting married New Years Eve becuase it was when he would be able to be home (and he leaves the very next day to go back :( ) I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am sure it will all work out :)
    Posted by elizabethandandrew[/QUOTE]

<div>Agh, that would be awful! How is she handling that? I'm stressed about starting up my 50% work travel next Monday and we got married almost two weeks ago!</div>
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Elizabeth - I wouldn't mind if he had to leave right away since I'll be able to go with him, I just want to be able to have peace of mind that I wont have to call everyone to tell them we have to postpone/reschedule.

All of our vendors are aware of the situation - and are accommodating but they can't promise they will have a later date open. (very scary)
    We have done everything we can on our end to meet them (Military/Gov't)- now all I need is for him to be free for 4 days.

I wish they knew/understood all the work I've done to make this work around them! Please just give us the 4 days! hehe
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know when you will have an answer for sure? I can't imagine how nervewracking it must be with all the work you have done planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Elizabeth - He can't apply for leave until he gets to the base he will be at during our wedding. Soo... he will learn where his next base is in Decemeber. But doesn't know when he reports- there is some survival training he may have to do before or while he is at his next base.

He sent that letter so hopefully he can get the survival training out of the way and then go to the base, apply for leave and start his on-site training/job.

In the end I planned like May 28th is concerte. Because I didn't want to throw a wedding together in a couple months. (I know it can be done) This way everything is ready and if I need to postpone it - all the details are already done and I'll take it from there.

We also are planning a Civil Ceremony over Christmas break so in the Eyes of the Air Force we are Married so I can get a head start on the paperwork. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with it!  We had to postpone our planning until FI's brother (BM) got his deployment date, and then it got moved back 2 months after we settled on 4-9-11.  Grrr.  We could have gone with May anyway, like I'd wanted.  Oh, well.

I hope it all works out!
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck!  Leave can be tricky.. even when approved, it can easily be revoked. 

We have two of FI Armys buddies in the wedding.  Crossing our fingers they will both make it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards