• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Wedding Party

I know there is a seperate board for this topic, but I feel like everyone on this board is good about answering questions rather than shooting things down.....

So, my FI and I cannot agree on how many people to have in our WP. I want 5 and he wants 6. Neither of us want to make the other person give someone up or have someone who isn't meaningful.

I suggested we have different number of attendants, but his parents are traditional and don't like the idea.

Basically, we have been going back and forth for a few months now. Any advice?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wedding Party

• I would just tell them it's not a big deal. And this far out, there's really no concern over it. I would have FI ask them what the big deal is.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are his parents paying for the whole wedding? If not I don't see why they should get the final say in this matter....and even if they were paying they shouldn't get to tell you how many attendants to have.

As meganmarie825 said, you don't want to feel like you have to add someone just to make the #s even, and you don't want to have to cut someone that you really want in the WP.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just my personal opinion, it would drive me nuts to have an uneven number in the party.  I thought we would each have 4, and I was happy with that number, but then FI didn't want to choose between his friends so he went up to 5.  To keep things even, I asked another close friend of mine.  So, now we have five each.  But... that's just me and my symmetry issues.  As it is I know when we take photos of the girls' side and the boys' side it will be uneven so to speak since the groom/bride will not be in the dead center.  I think I can live with that though.

Just my 2 cents, but I think you guys should do whatever feels right for you.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm having an uneven amount- I think it will work great!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: Wedding Party:
    [QUOTE]Just my personal opinion, it would drive me nuts to have an uneven number in the party.  I thought we would each have 4, and I was happy with that number, but then FI didn't want to choose between his friends so he went up to 5.  To keep things even, I asked another close friend of mine.  So, now we have five each.  But... that's just me and my symmetry issues.  As it is I know when we take photos of the girls' side and the boys' side it will be uneven so to speak since the groom/bride will not be in the dead center.  I think I can live with that though. Just my 2 cents, but I think you guys should do whatever feels right for you.  
    Posted by KandT0323[/QUOTE]

I'm with you! We both had 3, then my mom suggested a friend I've been friends with since elem. school so I asked FI about another one, and he suggested his cus. So it worked out good.
  • I agree with the other girls, I think it's perfectly ok to have uneven parties, especially when it's only 'off' by one.  I would explain your reasoning about not wanting to eliminate someone meaningful or add someone just for numbers' sake.  Hope they can give in on this one! 
    Anniversary
  • There's nothing wrong with uneven parties, and this is between you and FI, so his parents need to find something else to worry about. My WP is going to have a total of five men and two women, and two of the men are my brothers. I also just went to a wedding that had seven bridesmaids and three groomsmen, and I think they did indeed succeed in having a legal marriage at the end.
    image image
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • edited October 2010
    we are technology having an uneven wedding party- i am not having a maid of honor because its had always been my sisters spot in my mind \but, my sister died a few years ago and i always knew that would be her roll i can't replace her.

The best man will walk with our jr. bridesmaids (2) one on each side and the rest of the bridal party has a walking partner.  this is how we got around the uneven party.

could you have the extra guy walk with only  your mom /  be like  a VIP usher?
    just a thought :-) good luck!
    August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards