Michigan-Lansing

Rehearsal Dinner thoughts

We are looking to save a little bit of money and we are trying to be creative in thinking of other optional ways we can cut our costs.  Is it traditional to have a rehearsal "dinner"?  Our wedding is on a Friday, so our rehearsal is on a Thursday.  To eliminate our wedding party and close family from having to miss too much work - we are planning to have a later rehearsal on that Thursday.  Would it still be necessary to still offer a "dinner" or do you think we could do something a little different with appetizers and just a chance for everyone to gather at a restaurant/bar?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
222 Invited image
173 Ready to Party image
49 Missing Out image
0 Not Replied image
RSVP Date: May 20, 2011

Re: Rehearsal Dinner thoughts

• ChipGirl11ChipGirl11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will your guests have time to eat elsewhere before the rehearsal?  If so I think you could do an appetizer or dessert bar, something along those lines.  If they don't get a chance to eat, and they have to go from work, to the rehearsal, then I'd say you should feed them. 
  • Jurbs920Jurbs920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on what time you're doing your rehearsal I think you could get away with appetizers or desert. We're looking into having ours at a restaurant that does a nacho bar or a pizza bar type of thing. Is there something around you that would offer something like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards