Wedding Etiquette Forum

Alright, where'd everyone go?

Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?

• VP freaking rocks. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:ba9fdc8c-ef3e-4e32-92c3-e30ec7f3fb19">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everybody!, I am finally home and done cooking and now relaxing.  <strong>I can't wait to have tomorrow off and go to my friends daughters 1st birthday party! </strong>
    Posted by amorg334[/QUOTE]

<div>Fun! They are so cute at that age. Will she get to smush cake? I have hilarious pics of my great niece doing that. She had to go from the table to the tub, she was so full of frosting!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:8548b9fd-83ed-4582-a9d8-fddb87a9c5f6">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell us what kind you make!  Anyone know a recipe that uses oragne liquor? I want to do something with it. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

<div>We make cherry sherbet that calls for cherry liquor. Wonder if you could do an orange one?</div><div>
    </div>
  • I am not sure if she is having a smush cake.  This is kind of the second party being held by my friends mother.  The first party was I believe was held by the father of the baby's family.  So this party is for all the friends and family of Mommy and baby.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like VistaPrint.  

Hi Amorg - a 1 year old's b-day party sounds fun.

Just finished cleaning up after dinner - purple carrots were orange under the skin.. and pretty much tasted like carrots.  I'd roasted them with potatoes, squash, onion, and red pepper though and seasoned them with a southwest chipotle blend, so I'm not sure how much actual carrot flavor I got.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:5bb40c83-4ab0-4730-9fd1-77f368da7969">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like VistaPrint.   Hi Amorg - a 1 year old's b-day party sounds fun. Just finished cleaning up after dinner - <strong>purple carrots were orange under the skin.</strong>. and pretty much tasted like carrots.  I'd roasted them with potatoes, squash, onion, and red pepper though and seasoned them with a southwest chipotle blend, so I'm not sure how much actual carrot flavor I got.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>So they are just orange carrots in purple coats? IMPOSTERS! </div><div>I'm bummed. </div>
  • Eags...it's still awesome. I used to want to be Wilma Deering. I loved the white battle suit thing she had going. Princess Ardala was a hoar.
  • I wonder what chocolate cupcakes with Nutella icing would be like....mouth orgasam or heaven or both. Me thinks I'm going to have to experiment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:66bf3d15-612f-4842-9708-665310555d5b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder what chocolate cupcakes with Nutella icing would be like....mouth orgasam or heaven or both. Me thinks I'm going to have to experiment.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm wondering if Nutella icing would taste good on the Heaven desserts. It probably would. And would probably make it EVEN BETTER. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:66bf3d15-612f-4842-9708-665310555d5b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder what chocolate cupcakes with Nutella icing would be like....mouth orgasam or heaven or both. Me thinks I'm going to have to experiment.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OMG. That would be amazing. </div><div>
    </div><div>So I get this huge box of linens today, some for the wedding and some for the 85th bash for my dad which is next Saturday. AAAGHHH! At my HOUSE. AAAAGHHH! And three of the damn tablecloths for the b-day are freakin' MISSING. Sigh. Not happy. I have contacted customer service via email. I'd better  have my three freakin' orange table cloths for my three freakin' rented cocktail tables by Friday or I'm gonna be peeved. (This is the first big whoopty in our new home. And about 90 people are coming.)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:aaf2c2f7-d49c-4fd0-9b32-319e7f2c1c3f">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : OMG. That would be amazing.  So I get this huge box of linens today, some for the wedding and some for the 85th bash for my dad which is next Saturday. AAAGHHH! At my HOUSE. AAAAGHHH! And three of the damn tablecloths for the b-day are freakin' MISSING. Sigh. Not happy. I have contacted customer service via email. I'd better  have my three freakin' orange table cloths for my three freakin' rented cocktail tables by Friday or I'm gonna be peeved. (This is the first big whoopty in our new home. And about 90 people are coming.)
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

I'd be freaking out, too! I hope the rest come by the deadline. You're party will be a resounding success, though!
  • That sounds awful Wally. Kick some (verbal) ass!
  • I love Nutella. It is fabulous on a banana breakfast muffins. Also: is TK mobile dead and gone? Because I was not routed to it, and am in the correct universe. If this is why we lost the great FFF I am actually ok with it. If it's gone for good, and that was the last FFF we lose!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They had those little single serving Nutella packages in some of our hotels in Italy.  I had Nutella on a croissant every morning on our honeymoon I think.  Pure bliss.
  • wally- 2 days before my wedding we got the chair sashes that my decided to order in the mail.  Come to find out, the pink ones we ordered were backordered but the company decided not to tell us. 
    We ended up renting some that didn't match exactly from a local rental company but they worked in a pinch.

So, the point to my ramble.. if the company can't get them to you maybe a local rental company might have something?
  • Harry, one of my FSILS makes an almond quickbread flavored with orange liquor. I'll send you the recipe if you want.
    Nutella makes awesome Rice Krispies treats too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bet Nutella would be good just on bananas. Or apples. I might have to go to the grocery store.

I know the tablecloth thing isn't the end of the world. We have just worked really hard on this party (my sisters and I) and want it to be really, really nice. My dad is SO excited!

Nicki, i tried to Knot on my phone and it worked, but so dang slow it was aggravating.
  • Loopy - my grandparents said the same thing about the hotels in Germany. They'd never heard of Nutella until they stayed there. 
  • Wally - I've had a PB, Nutella, and Bananna sandwich. Mmm. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:507fb28d-d7f2-4eea-a1a6-eb9cb75af5be">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They had those little single serving Nutella packages in some of our hotels in Italy.  I had Nutella on a croissant every morning on our honeymoon I think.  Pure bliss.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

If I had Nutella every morning for breakfast, I wouldn't be able to fit through the doors in my house. Especially if I had it on a croissant every day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:5bc12d92-43d4-4206-8260-21686d27dde9">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]wally- 2 days before my wedding we got the chair sashes that my decided to order in the mail.  Come to find out, the pink ones we ordered were backordered but the company decided not to tell us.  We ended up renting some that didn't match exactly from a local rental company but they worked in a pinch. So, the point to my ramble.. if the company can't get them to you maybe a local rental company might have something?
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

<div>There is an awesome rental place (they are doing DD's wedding, actually) and she would have SOMETHING we could use for my pop's party. We only need three and the color scheme is lime and orange so it'd be pretty easy to find. We just wanted them all to be the same fabric, too. I am a little nervous about having so many people to our home, but it's an open house so they won't all be there at the same time. And I guess one of the biggest reasons we built this house the way we did was to entertain and be the hub for all of our family. Might as well get it all started!</div>
  • I ate so much Nutella when I lived in Germany. Thank god I was in the city or else I would had gained so much more weight. Nutella croissant for breakfast, Nutella sandwich for lunch, pretzels and Nutella for snack and dessert. 4 out of 5 of my meals had Nutella. I do not have a single regret.
  • Wally, hope you get it straightened out with the linen company. What a bore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very fun wally!

Good choice on the party colors. My main wedding colors were lime and orange.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:bb97b241-d6e2-4d97-8a37-4d50aa48aee8">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, hope you get it straightened out with the linen company. What a bore.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

This. Good luck Wally.
  • in jr. and high school we used to buy nutella and french bread and just go to town.  Also, by we I mean my friends and myself.  I loved being 15 with a job and spent it all on nutella, french bread, and chinese food 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:2226cc3f-bf1e-4311-81d0-b8b20e9f0b28">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harry, one of my FSILS makes an almond quickbread flavored with orange liquor. I'll send you the recipe if you want. <strong>Nutella makes awesome Rice Krispies treats too.</strong>
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you just substitute Nutella for the peanut butter? Same amount?</div>
  • Have fun Wally.

I also LOVE Nutella on crepes.  Yum.  I have a crepes recipe. I wonder if I need to modify it for elevation at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards