Michigan-Grand Rapids

Classic/ Antique Car

Does anybody know of a place where we could rent a classic/ antique car in the grand rapids area to take photos with and take us from the church to the ceremony?

Re: Classic/ Antique Car

• edited December 2011
    I would do a search for car clubs in the area. Or visit some car shows. I see you aren't getting married until October, so you might want to visit the Metro Cruise that happens down on 28th Street. It's in late August though, so that might be cutting it close for you. I think they do a cruise night up on Alpine Avenue.

Oh here's calendar:

Good luck! I'd think as long as you're not asking them drive their car in winter or drive it yourself, and you're offering to pay them, you could get someone to do it.

Mandi
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I think going to the metro cruise would be a good idea, we will probably plan on doing that. We have looked at a couple of small car shows and contacted one car club so far. No luck yet. We would be looking to have someone drive us and definately would be willing to pay for their service. Thanks for the link, my fiance is actually really rooting for a mustang as that is his favorite car, and he hopes to have his own someday.
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've tried looking all over and I have had NO luck.  If you find something, let me know too! Wink  Good luck.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I'll let you know if I get any leads. Who knew this would be so difficult?!
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer gets classic cars sometimes for retro photo shoots (I've seen them on her FB)... I'll ask her where she gets them from. I'll let you know what she says!

ETA: She said for the cars in her photos, she went to some local classic car shows and just asked the owners until she found someone who was willing to do it. She also suggested checking with the limo companies to see if they have access to classic cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards