Connecticut

Alterations

I ordered my gown from Alfred Angelo, and asked them about how much I could expect to have to pay for alterations (my butt is about two sizes larger than the rest of my body, so I'm going to need the whole top portion of my gown taken in.) They guessed around $400, but said that they couldn't give me an accurate quote until the seamstress assesses the whole situation when the gown comes in. I thought that's a pretty steep price. I only budgeted $200 for alterations. Am I being unreasonable? Or did any of you ladies use somebody you'd reccommend in the Hartford area? Thanks!
image 312 Invited
image 182 Are ready to party!
image 127 Will be missing out!
image 3 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations

• id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Theres a place in glastonbury called brides to be its a bridal consignment shop but there is a lady there that does alteeations..she like is seperate from the consignment shop but works out of there. I think she renta the space or something. Im going to a place in berlin
  • Please beware of alterations at Alfred Angelo. I have heard terrible things!!! Also...I ordered the BM dresses from there and have not had the most wonderful experience so far. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Depending on where you go alterations can be expensive.  Where I bought my dress I was told that it would cost around 800 and my dress fit pretty well.  I found a woman you had her own alteration business (in MA so probably won't help) and it was only $200.  Find recommendations for other places around you.
  • Yes te glastonbury seamstress messed up my friends mothers dress very bad. She had to get shorter heels cause gown was 3 inches too short. They had bridal bells in Berlin fix the dress for her mom and it came out perfect other than the double cost for alterations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards