Just Engaged and Proposals

I said Yes!!

So my FI proposed on Wednesday 8-18-10. It was absolutely perfect. Our first date was a game at Camden Yards, and on Wednesday he took me back to the park. We are both huge Orioles fans and I didn't notice anything was up until he took us up to the same seats we sat in four years ago and got down on one knee. We were the only people around and it was so sweet. No he didn't put it on the jumbo tron, which I am incredibly grateful, he is a very shy.

So now I have an incredible fiance and no idea what I am supposed to do next!! Everyone is asking when we are planning on getting married and I have no idea. I am enjoying being engaged for now and I figure I will start planning when the newness wears off.

Congrats to everyone on here and the best of luck planning your wedding.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I said Yes!!

• Congrats & you've got the right mindset!
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• Congrats and tell them that you are not going to rush into picking a date right now because you are enjoying the excitement of being engaged.
  • Congrats and welcome to the board!  :)
  • Congrats! I love your proposal. I myself got engaged at Yankee Stadium, but my FI opted for the jumbotron LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!

And you are doing the right thing about just enjoying the engagement, you have plenty of time to plan
  • Congrats! Please enjoy it... I jumped into planning really quickly. I wish we had like another week to just absorb it all.
  • Congrats, how sweet!
  • Thanks ladies. It has officially been a week but it still doesn't feel real. I hope I never get used to this feeling.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been engaged since July 1 and I still get huge butterflies when we introduce each other as fiances.  It's suuuuuuch a good feeling!! Congrats!

• lol that's so funny because i felt the same way. Like congrats on getting engaged, when is the date. I asked a friend, do people really have a date THAT fast?
  • Agreed!  I got engaged on June 26th and people starting asking me right away when the date was.  We want to have the wedding in spring 2012 but still don't have an exact date.  But after two months I am still enjoying the sparkly ring :-)  Congrats and good luck!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Awww....that is so cute :) I like the way he proposed!! Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • August 15th engagement here and I hope this wonderful, dizzy with happiness feeling will never pass! We got engaged on lake como, italy and it was pure magic.  I can't stop looking at my ring and can't stop looking at my fiance.  

No one ever tells you how FUN it is to get engaged. They always talk about the wedding planning.  The act of committing to your partner is like those first few magical moments of dating when everything is cute and everything your boyfriend does makes you smile! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards