Wedding Reception Forum

grandmothers wedding dress

My mom wants to display my late grandmothers wedding dress at the wedding. She says that is the new trendy thing to do but it kinda freaks me out! its a gorgeous dress and i would wear it if 1) i could fit in it and 2) if it was a little more modern. Anyway has anyone else heard of the "trend" and what do you gals think?
November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: grandmothers wedding dress

• For my cousin's wedding a few years ago they gathered all the wedding dresses worn in successful marriages in the two families. They had them hanging in the room she was getting ready in and it made for a loving environment and great photos. Maybe suggest this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I haven't heard of it, and frankly, I don't get the point.
  • I'd be worried about someone spilling a drink on the dress or it otherwise being damaged. 

We're displaying wedding photos of our parents and grandparents. That might be a way to show off the family dresses without having an actual dress there.
  • Sorry but I don't get the point of a random wedding dress at the reception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all. I like the idea of having it in my dressing room but i dont want it in my reception!
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Perhaps displaying a picture of your grandmother in the dress would be a good comprimise? I would be worried it would be damaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I like the idea of having it in your room. Maybe even get a picture with your dress and her dress side by side?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards