Missouri-Kansas City

High tea in KC?

Hi ladies,

I'm hoping someone can help me. When I lived in the UK, I never actually had the money to go and enjoy a traditional high tea. I'd love to be able to do this with my BMs/mom/FMIL when they come for the wedding as a special treat. Does anyone know of anywhere in the area that does this?

We'd be going on a Friday afternoon, so it'd be important that it's not one of those places that only does it on a Saturday.

I'd say a half hour radius of downtown KC/union hill is about the max we want to travel.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: High tea in KC?

• edited December 2011
    There's a place in One Nineteen shopping center (Leawood, KS) that does tea. It's called Mitzy London. Idk if that's too far for you though...
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leawood wouldn't be that bad. I'll look into it, thanks!

PS - I feel like I haven't seen you around much lately!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been around either board just bc I've been really busy. I was out of town for 3 and half weeks (got back last week) so that kept me away. I'm trying to catch up though! ;)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well glad to have you back!

Just FYI for anyone else who might read this and be interested - I heard back from Mitzy's immediately. They charge a $125 room rental fee, and then $30 pp for a bridal tea. It looks like a nice menu.

Planning Bio

• greubelkgreubelk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ran across today a high tea menu on above and beyond catering's menu.  I don't know if you could find somewhere to host it and have them cater.  Seemed to be very reasonable and lots of good choices. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards