Destination Weddings Discussions

New to DW!

Hi ladies!  I wanted to introduce myself, I am Kira, FI is Dave we have 3 kiddos and have been planning a traditional wedding in Philadelphia, PA for sept 2012.  We just this week changed our plans to have a DW in miami florida in april 2013.  Im sure I am going to have a million questions and I here you guys are great.
January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: New to DW!

• Hi Kira.  Welcome and congrats!!  I am also a FL bride.  I am getting married in West Palm Beach which isn't that far from Miami.  I can't wait to hear more about your plans.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Welcome! Congrats on your new plans! What made you change your mind? These girls are great here and there are a few Florida ladies on this board! I'm sure you'll get lots of help from everyone!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Welcome!!
    You'll find a ton of help on this board :)
  • Welcome !! and Happy Planning

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome and congratulations.  We love to hear each others plans and can't wait to hear yours!
    imageAnniversary
  • Welcome!!!!  You have definitely found a great group of ladies to help you through planning your DW :) 

Congrats on making such a hard decision.  What made you change your mind?
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Welcome!!! And congrats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations and welcome! You have for sure come to the right place. These ladies have all kinds of information and are happy to share it.
  • Haha thanks Britt!  I'm gonna keep chatting in the fb group... I don't think I want to join another month board.... Ill stick with you guys :)

FI and I decided to switch our plans because of financial reasons.  I am currently not working so we have one income.  I was supposed to start working in January and that money was supposed to go 100% towards the wedding... that plan fell through.  I have student loan debt and they took my tax return right out of my bank account, so we lost a substantial amount of wedding money there.  FI's job is 100% commission so he feels a tremendous amount of pressure in having to come up with the money himself in 7 months. He told me about the stress and pressure he was feeling so we decided this was the best option.  

I don't even know where to start with all of this!  I am still feeling pretty overwhelmed. 
    Just to give you an idea of what I am trying to plan....  
    I am looking to do a simple beach ceremony.   Afterwards, I would like have a cocktail reception with just appetizers and drinks for everyone at a hotel/restaurant in walking distance.  I am going to stay away from anything that says "traditional wedding"  no sit down dinner, no centerpieces, bridal party...  Just a ceremony with drinks and lots of appetizers after to celebrate.  The only thing I am insisting on is having a wedding cake!
    I love south beach and am ecstatic to be getting married there. 
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You're always welcome in the group with the Sept brides, the ladies told you that :)
  • Welcome and Congratulations!
    Look like you already have a good amount started.. You have ideas to work from and that is the best way to start!! 
    Happy Planning! The ladies here are wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards