Not Engaged Yet

XP: Engagement pics

Well, our engagement pics are in. I'm not thrilled by them, but I think there are at least a couple good pics in there.... Take a look if you want!

Password is my first name with first letter capitalized (PM me if you don't know my first name).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: XP: Engagement pics

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What don't you like about them? Also- which ones are your favorites?

ETA: I like 25, 32,66,68, and 71

Did you get to decide which ones the photographer "touched up"- I saw the ones in the end were a bit different then the others.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I agree with Liv and I'm also curious which ones you didn't like. I think there are some pretty good ones, but I agree that none are really out of this world. Then again, taste is subjective and I'm not sure what you were really hoping for.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_xp-engagement-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ba3ff70b-d9c5-4123-8484-44aa504c16f3Post:dc4de9ac-887f-4e11-aa6e-8562f7b1f359">Re: XP: Engagement pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]What don't you like about them? Also- which ones are your favorites? ETA: I like 25, 32,66,68, and 71 Did you get to decide which ones the photographer "touched up"- I saw the ones in the end were a bit different then the others.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>And now TK is eating posts. GRRRRR</div><div>I don't like how awkward we look in them. We don't seem to be smiling, or not smiling at the same time. Other people's e-pics look so natural, and ours look like a couple of stick people!</div><div>
    </div><div>We didn't get to decide which ones the photog 'touched up.' We got a groupon as a gift, so we're happy with what we've gotten (at least five good pics). He's not our wedding day photographer, and I"ll definitely talk to our guy about getting candids so maybe we don't look so stilted!</div><div>
    </div><div>My favorites were: 36, 44, 50 and 66.</div>

• edited December 2011
    I'm looking through your Epics and Jessie's Girl just came on the radio :) Does FI ever go by Jessie?

ETA:
    I liked the pics... I do feel some were kind of posed too much, but overall they were really good. I think you could pick out 10-20 you really like to use for any wedding stuffs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_xp-engagement-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ba3ff70b-d9c5-4123-8484-44aa504c16f3Post:b8e6ea5b-1064-40c8-abe4-1135000d9e50">Re: XP: Engagement pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking through your Epics and Jessie's Girl just came on the radio :) Does FI ever go by Jessie?
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

<div>No, he doesn't, but occasionally I break out into that song, though I replace 'Jessie' with 'Jess's' :)</div>

• The photos themselves aren't bad, but it looks like that photographer didn't give you good direction as far as positions and poses, he looks to have recycled a lot of the same things.  Don't get me wrong, you guys look great, but I can see what you mean.  But they definitely aren't bad for being a gift, and at least you can discuss them with your wedding photographer and let them know what you liked/didn't like so they will be able to do much better.
    Anniversary
  • You guys are such a beautiful couple! I love them!! Seems to be quite a few good ones. I see what you mean though. It seems like they're all in the same 4 poses- like the photog just kept reusing them.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I understand where you are coming from. Probably since it was a groupon the photographer didn't have his heart into it. It's kind of like a Sears or Wal-mart photographer.
  • I loved the photos there are some really good one in there too.  I love the ones with you in a black dress.

Anniversary

• I thought 21 and 71 were nice (I think those were the numbers). We noticed during our engagement shoot, my FI looks at my lips alot, which makes it seem like he's closing his eyes in some pics. We know that now, and we can fix it so it doesn't happen for our wedding pictures.
    So maybe you can just figure out what you didn't like and try to figure out how to fix it. Do you feel comfortable with your photographer?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • 32 and 66 are my favorites. 

Honestly, assuming your using the same photographer for your wedding the point is to get a few good shots, of course but also to allow you to get used to the photographer so that you will be more comfortable with them on your wedding day.  I believe it makes for better wedding day photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards