New Jersey
Options

The Rockleigh

Just booked a tour at The Rockleigh. Anyone getting married there? Or has gone to a wedding there? Curious to know your feedback?

Re: The Rockleigh

• Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have tasted their food, It is DELICIOUS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was the first place we visited. I fell in love with it immediately and then after they told me the price $210 pp for a Sat night with a 175 guest minimum I almost had a heart attack. It's so pretty though and I haven't heard any negative reviews. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Rockleigh in July.  We booked the Bristol Room, which is beautiful.  Everything was great, except for our Maitre d'.  She didn't seem to have it all together and bothered my mom with questions throughout the night.  Our guests still rave about the food!  The quality and the amount of food was impressive.  If you have any other questions, just PM me!  I'm excited for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rockleigh-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:967bb3d0-65f3-494f-aa56-d98f3607226bPost:4e517156-c300-4366-b352-82b0e2d37752">Re: The Rockleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was the first place we visited. I fell in love with it immediately and then after they told me the price $210 pp for a Sat night with a 175 guest minimum I almost had a heart attack. It's so pretty though and I haven't heard any negative reviews. 
    Posted by balletgirl12[/QUOTE]

We were married on a Sat. night in July '10 and we had a much better price pp.  Don't be afraid to negotiate.
  • Options
    TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Rockleigh (also Bristol Room) in April. I am totally in love with it (but I guess I'm a bit biased since I picked it lol). The woman we are working with has been fantastic so far. (Out of curiosity, who are you referring to, stapletond?) What I have noticed the most, from the initial tour throughout now, is the incredible attention to detail they have. They are constantly updating their facility so it looks new and not outdated, and are very into personalizing things for you (e.g.,  the menu). I have also heard great things about the menu, but haven't had my tasting yet so I can't vouch for that.
    Stapletond, I'd LOVE to hear more about your experience in July!
    Good luck with the tour-let us know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tara K-
    Our guests were taken care of and had a wonderful time thanks to The Rockleigh.  I have guests who whenever they see me tell me that it was seriously the best wedding they've been too, and that they LOVED the food.

My mom and I planned the wedding and didn't hire a DOC.  The service was good, but we expected it to be AMAZING, especially since the service fee is higher than other venues.  We didn't hire a DOC because other people who had their reception at The Rockleigh didn't recommend that we get one.  I felt like we should have hired a DOC, because the Maitre d' asked my mother a million questions through out the night.  She was pulled away from the celebration a few times and my mom deserved to enjoy every minute too!  Our Maitre d' didn't keep us moving on schedule very well and wasn't very good at solving problems that arose through out the day.

These "problems" were only apparent to those who were behind the scenes, so our guests had no idea. 

• Options
    TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info......I wasn't going to hire a DOC for the same reason, but may change my mind now! It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding, though, and that people are still talking about it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. Sorry I'm replying so late (busy week at work last week). I visited last night and fell absolutely in love with the place. From the outside, I wasn't all that impressed, but once inside, I was blown away. Bari helped us--she was so nice and responsive. I can't wait to bring (ahem drag) my fiance over there to check it out.

Stapletond, do you remember the name of the person who was m'aitre d that night? Out of curiousity? How did you feel about your bridal attendant, too?

I also wanted to ask you ladies for advice. They had a Friday left in May of 2011--but that only leaves me a few months for the planning. Spring 2012 looked fairly open for Saturdays, but that seemed so far away. And my fiance was kind of frustrated when I told him the wedding might be well over a year from now. (We had initially wanted Spring but are now looking later in 2011 and I'm entertaining 2012) --For those of you that booked...how far out did you book your wedding?

And anything else additional I should know about Rockleigh? 
    I wasn't a big fan about the suggested menu selections for some of the cocktail hour--they told me the sky was the limit as far as choices are concerned but I wanted to hear other people's experiences with this.

Thanks again ladies and happy Monday (wish I wasn't working lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure before you sign you read and understand their required tipping rates.  RIPOFF if you asked me.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    letty000letty000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much do you have to tip the maitre'd?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards