Michigan-Detroit

Edible Favors at $1 or less...bakery suggestions??

Hi all!  I'd like to do some sort of edible favor for my wedding, but at no more than right around $1/person.  I asked my cake lady if she could do fun cookies for me, but she can't.  Does anyone have suggestions?  I know I can make things myself to cut costs, but REALLY don't want to be worrying about that in the weeks leading up to the wedding.  So if you have any bakery suggestions, or independent cake companies who do something like this, I would so appreciate it!
Anniversary

Re: Edible Favors at $1 or less...bakery suggestions??

• edited December 2011
    That's such a great idea!  If you find anything I'd love to hear!  Unfortunately I don't have any connections or ideas - I was thinking about getting those Hershey Kisses from TK that had our names & wedding date on the bottom.  We would have to spend like $125 to get enough for 175 people, so it's still less than $1 and it's hassle-free :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • empowderempowder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fortune cookies are pretty fun.   http://fancyfortunecookies.com/ -  I've used them for other parties and people always get a kick out of them because of the customized messages. They have the traditional vanilla and all sorts of colors and flavors. They range in price from $.55 to $1.25ish depending on how fancy they are.

• edited December 2011
    If you go to the fudge shop in Birmingham, I think it's called Kerlin's or Kerwin's (something like that?), you can get fudge cut and placed in small boxes for like 60 cents.  They will provide boxes (which bumps your price up) or you can provide your own (much cheaper.)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_edible-favors-1-lessbakery-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9429c4fb-dabf-4dc3-b9a8-231c0038f88fPost:70c6108c-5c9c-49ae-b857-5baf32c5bcb5">Re: Edible Favors at $1 or less...bakery suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you go to the fudge shop in Birmingham, I think it's called <strong>Kerlin's or Kerwin's (something like that?)</strong>, you can get fudge cut and placed in small boxes for like 60 cents.  They will provide boxes (which bumps your price up) or you can provide your own (much cheaper.)
    Posted by zulamay[/QUOTE]

Kilwin's. It's a chain (kinda- there's one in Ann Arbor and Plymouth too). They are delicious!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have seen chocolate covered pretzels that aren't too expensive. I don't remember exactly what site I saw them on, but I found them on google.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_edible-favors-1-lessbakery-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9429c4fb-dabf-4dc3-b9a8-231c0038f88fPost:70c6108c-5c9c-49ae-b857-5baf32c5bcb5">Re: Edible Favors at $1 or less...bakery suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you go to the fudge shop in Birmingham, I think it's called Kerlin's or Kerwin's (something like that?), you can get fudge cut and placed in small boxes for like 60 cents.  They will provide boxes (which bumps your price up) or you can provide your own (much cheaper.)
    Posted by zulamay[/QUOTE]

AMAZING idea!!  I am definitely going to look into this :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Where in the area are you located? I have a friend I went to high school with that has started her own business that is an amazing baker, and super reasonable.!
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you've got a family member who's good at baking you could consider asking them to take on the task..pay them for the materials and say the labor is your wedding present lol
    June 16, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_edible-favors-1-lessbakery-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9429c4fb-dabf-4dc3-b9a8-231c0038f88fPost:5ba3ea96-217b-4380-b0e6-4996581e53cc">Re: Edible Favors at $1 or less...bakery suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where in the area are you located? I have a friend I went to high school with that has started her own business that is an amazing baker, and super reasonable.!
    Posted by SarahMayne[/QUOTE]

I'm in Royal Oak!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure you can work out a deal with her! She is from the Macomb area....

The facebook business site is: http://www.facebook.com/littlebitofsweetness1
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought of cake pops ? they are really "in" right now and fairly easy to make as a DIY? You put them in a nice cello bag, a little ribbon, get some stickers that say thanks for sharing our day love bride and groom and you have a favor that probably will cost you about .35 cents a person. My friend did this and she had about 100 guest at her wedding. and it cost her about $35 bucks for all the materials including came mix...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards