Oregon

HELP! Looking for wedding/reception location in Eugene or Corvallis. ON A BUDGET!!

Hi there! Im asking you all for any tips/advice in finding a location in the Eugene/Junction City/Veneta area or the Albany/Corvallis/Philomath/Monroe area. Im on a tight budget, so essentially I was looking at a few parks around the area. I found 2 that I really like, but the problem is that I cant reserve them until NOVEMBER!! Totally scary! My wedding is June 25, 2011 and I dont want to have to wait until November 2010 to see if I can make reservations for our wedding day. Any tips/advice would be appreciated! Thanks ladies!!! :)

-Randie
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP! Looking for wedding/reception location in Eugene or Corvallis. ON A BUDGET!!

• sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In your budget already set in stone? I mean, if you're not getting married until next summer, you have some time to save money specificly for your wedding. That's  why FI decided to have a long engagement. We don't have anyone helping us pay, so I completely understand what it's like to have limited funds.  If you could give me a little more info, I'd be more than happy to send you some links of venues I've found in the Eugene area. Hope I can help!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Our budget really doesnt exist right now. I mean we are saving all we can for a wedding, but we're also buying a house right now too. So funds are pretty limited right now due to down payments and what not. But I dont want to wait too long before I book a venue. I want to have it booked by the summer-the sooner the better. Right now Im thinking we can afford to spend about $1200 on a location. Ive found quite a few in my price range, but they dont provide tables, chairs, etc. My fiance and I dont want anything fancy, just a nice outdoor location that can accommodate around 150 guests. Like you, my FI and are are paying for this all on our own, with no help from anyone. So we do have limited funds, especially with this whole home mortgage thing now. Im saving a little bit every paycheck, but its not going to last long. Im trying to pay for things as I go-I find it easier that way. Hope I gave you the information you needed. Let me know if you come up with anything!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like we are in the exact same boat! We are renting a house that FI's parents own, but due to financial strains, it sounds like we are going to need to find a house of our own sooner than expected.  So we're trying to set up an appointment with a mortage broker to see how much money we can get, AND pay for the wedding, AND I I am in desperate need of a new car.....so let's just say the stress is up there!
    Picking up stuff as you go has been working for me too!  That way you aren't losing huge chunks of money at once. :)

Anyways, this is about you, not me. You can get a decent venue (that WILL supply you with tables and chairs!!) for the price you're looking for.  The place we're getting married was very understandable about our financial situation, and was flexible.
    Here;s the link:
    http://ogrengardens.com/

Trust me, go check it out in person. The pics they have up don't do it justice. I have a few that I took the last time I was out there,  so if you wanted me to e-mail them to you, I'm all for it.

Another one you can check out is called the beacon house, it's right on the way from eugene to junction city .http://thebeaconhouse.com/

There are a couple other little places I've seen on that road from river rd. out to junction city, I think they're really worth looking into.  I just knew when we went to Ogren Gardens that that was where I wanted to get married.

Good luck and keep me posted!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Too funny! Ive known Harold and Vona Ogren since I was born! Ive been to their house many many MANY times. They do have a BEAUTIFUL place. I just am not sure I want to have my wedding there, just because Ive been there so darn many times before. Ive looked at the Beacon House and still have to decide if thats what I want to do...Ive looked at many other places but I havent gotten the right "vibe". Im going to look at a couple different B&B's on the McKenzie River this next weekend, and hopefully I can find something there. I want something thats completely outdoors-so that's why I went with the park idea. But the fact that I cant reserve it until this November has completely turned me off of it. Guess Ill just have to wait and see what the B&Bs are like next weekend. I found them online yesterday and Im already feeling good about it. I just want this part to be over already! Thank you so much for your advice!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha omg what a small world! I was just there this morning with my caterer so she could get a feel for the layout. Vona is the best!! A B&B could be totally cute.  The other thing to look into with the parks is if you have to pay for parking. My cousin got married at one, honestly can't remember which one it was, but I know it was South a little ways on I-5. Anyways, I started laughing at the fact that we had to PAY to attend the "wedding." Although, everything went downhill from there....heh heh. It also didn't help that the grass there was COMPLETELY dead. Quite the scene, lol. Anyways, good luck with your search, it's been nice talking to you! I feel like the OR board is so dead, or I can't relate since most everyone is in Portland. When I saw Eugene in the title post I was like awwww yeah! :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    You could try the Mt. Pisgah Arboretum. It's beautiful for the wedding, reception and the pictures. I think you would have to rent your own tables and chairs, but I'm not sure. There's also a nice park at Orchard Point on Fern Ridge Reservoir if you want a casual, backyard BBQ feel. Marcola State Park is nice too with an area under a roof if needed.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually found one and signed the papers on it. Im so excited! it sounds a little silly, but its at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis. And its CHEAP!!! Thanks for all of the help ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on finding a spot!  I feel like the OR board is a little dead too, I'm in Corvallis, but just moved recently from So oregon.  I was going to suggest either, the Adair Clubhouse and village, (just google it) or the lady at the Corvallis Country Club is very nice and very accomodating and can change anything you like. 
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I missed it, but did you look at Avery Park in Corvallis? My original plan was to get married at a venue in my hometown but now I'm leaning toward Avery especially since a lot of FH's and my first dates took place there. Friend sort of sealed the deal when she told me it was only $75 for four hours compared to $350 for my original idea. I still have to look into it to make sure she's right abou that. She also said you can reserve a year in advance. It's roomy, has a rose garden, picnic tables, etc.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt even think about Avery Park! FI and I park there all the time to go to the OSU football games in the fall. But that didnt even register in my mind. The location I booked is great! Plenty of parking, power, water, maintained bathrooms, kitchen, etc...Its great! I highly suggest it for anyone looking to have an outdoor wedding in the Corvallis area especially with a small budget! Here's a pic of the "courtyard". Its fantastic!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious, where is that? I don't recognize from the pic. I haven't booked yet and want to keep my options open.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    Its actually at the Benton County Fairgrounds. If you go to their website they have a whole section on facility rentals. Here's a link for you!

http://www.bentoncountyfair.net/facilities/index.php
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our September 2010 wedding at the Beazell Memorial Forest Education Center for $675.  We're having the ceremony outside on the lawn and the reception in the education center.  It looks like a barn from the outside but is very nice inside.  It has tables, chairs, and a caterer's kitchen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards