Georgia-Atlanta

Cost of bouquets and other flowers?

I have no idea how much bouquets from a florist cost.  Can someone give me an idea?  I don't want a ton of flowers, but I do want bouquets, boutonnieres, maybe some corsages, and some flowers for the tables probably.  I need to keep the cost down but don't know if I can do the bouquets myself.  I might be willing to try though if I find the cost is too high.  Thanks!

Re: Cost of bouquets and other flowers?

• edited December 2011
    I'm no help here... I have a small budget, so I am going to DIY flowers. Do a Google search for "DIY hand tied bouquet" and there are several tutorials and instructional videos that could help you. It does not seem that hard at all, as long as you are ok with something fairly simple. We are just going to the farmer's market a few days before my October wedding to pick up whatever flowers they have that will match my color theme and going from there...
    Good luck!!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on what kind of flowers you want and what kind of centerpieces, bouquets and bouts you're looking for.  I had a small-ish flower budget - but I was open to using seasonal flowers, but was very specific about the colors I wanted.

I used Darryl Wiseman Flowers - very respected and award winning.  I really thought he was going to be out of my budget, but surprisingly he was willing to work with me.

If you send me a private message (located right next to the reply button) - I will share with you specifics. 

Best of luck!
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both.  I will  search as you mentioned, Megan, and I sent you a pm, bbycakes. :)  I haven't yet done private messages on this board so let me know if it works.  Thanks!
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Creative events by Sunflowers as my florist and Rich does an AMAZING job!  All of his flowers were fresh and exactly the way I wanted.  ONce again though, like PPs have mentioned, its all about the type of flowers you choose. 

My bouquet had several different colors of orchids and callalilies (2 of the more expensive flwoers) but it was jam packed with blooms and it was $200.  The BM's bouquets had 8 calla lillies and were $75 a piece.  The bouts were about $15 a piece and they were calla lilies as well. 

If you think you can DIY I'd say go for it, it would save yoy money but if you are like me and afraid you may run out of time in the days leading up to the wedding, you may want to get someone else to do it. 

Another idea you may want to consider is looking into a place like Costco.  You can go to there website and order a bridal bouquet, several BM bouquets, several bouts, and some centerpieces for really cheap!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Im paying about $450 for personal flowers (15 people total) ...I'm doing White Gerber daisies for my BMs and GMs, Ivory roses for my self, and rose bouts for FI and rents and g-rents...  I was planning on doing flowers myself, but due to us moving we decided to hire a florist and its been worth not having the extra stress. I'm using Heather Oliver with Stylish Stems and she's been a knottie favorite. 
    imageAnniversary
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bbycakes-I haven't received a reply in my private messages.  I think either I'm doing something wrong or I'm having technical difficulties.  Will you let me know when you reply so I can figure out (maybe) what's going on with my inbox?  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards