Wedding Party

WP Tuesday - The Olympics Edition

1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies?

2.  What was your least favorite part of the opening ceremonies?

3.  What is your favorite summer Olympic sport to watch?

4.  Is there an Olympic athlete, commentator or interviewer who makes you want to stuff a sock in his or her mouth?

5.  Have you ever been to London, England?  How about London, Canada?
Proud to be an old married hag!! image

Re: WP Tuesday - The Olympics Edition

• 1. What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies? Didn't watch

2. What was your least favorite part of the opening ceremonies? Didn't watch.  Although I've heard quite a bit about how badly NBC screwed up the broadcast.

3. What is your favorite summer Olympic sport to watch? Not watching

4. Is there an Olympic athlete, commentator or interviewer who makes you want to stuff a sock in his or her mouth? Not watching

5. Have you ever been to London, England? How about London, Canada? Nope, I've never left the country.

Hey, this one's easy!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • 1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies? Didn't see them; we were on vacation.

2.  What was your least favorite part of the opening ceremonies? n/a

3.  What is your favorite summer Olympic sport to watch? gymnastics, diving

4.  Is there an Olympic athlete, commentator or interviewer who makes you want to stuff a sock in his or her mouth? I'm not a huge Michael Phelps fan; he annoys me. I know that's probably an unpop op but oh well.

5.  Have you ever been to London, England?  How about London, Canada?Nope, neither.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • 1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies?
    Paul McCartney singing "Hey Jude"

The ginormous and freaky baby

Diving, swimming, and women's gymnastics

4.  Is there an Olympic athlete, commentator or interviewer who makes you want to stuff a sock in his or her mouth?
    Basically any interviewer who asks an athlete who just lost how they feel about their failure.  Honestly, how the heck do you think they feel?  They just lost at the olympics and had their dreams smashed.

No, but after watching the cycling road race and seeing how beautiful the scenery is makes me want to go ASAP!

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies? The torch lighting!

2.  What was your least favorite part of the opening ceremonies? The very long procession of athletes.  It's equal parts fun and boring because there are so many!  I'm happy for them, but it's long.

3.  What is your favorite summer Olympic sport to watch? Gymnastics

4.  Is there an Olympic athlete, commentator or interviewer who makes you want to stuff a sock in his or her mouth? Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer.  Oh, and Joe Buck... but that's not at all Olympic-related :-)

5.  Have you ever been to London, England?  Indeed!  Twice!  My husband and I are trying to move there, actually.   How about London, Canada? Nope.
  • edited July 2012
    1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies?

I enjoyed the queen's entrance.  I wish we could see more of her sense of humor in public.

The kid's nightmares.  I didn't quite get that.  I know they were UK literary villians, but it was odd.

I love the gymnastics, always have.  I also like to watch the swimming.

Hmm, for winter yes, but I don't know about summer.  I really liked Michael Phelps in 2008, but after hearing that he's kind of not a team player (kind of snooty within the team), I am kind of annoyed by him.

Never been to either but would go in a heartbeat!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • 1. Tie between Paul McCartney and The Queen & Mr. Bond skit
    2. the parade of countries
    3. gymnastics
    4. not really
    5, London, England yes   and I'm dying to go back
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• 1.  What was your favorite part of the opening ceremonies?
    I don't get NBC on my tv so I couldn't watch them, sadly.

See #1

Women's gymnastics

Not on the online broadcasts

I lived in London, England for a (very expensive) year.  I have a friend who lived in London, Canada until recently, but I've never been.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards