New Jersey

BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18632582/nj-bridal-store-closes-and-leaves-woman-expecting-dresses

I hope anyone here on the board that bought their dress here goes and gets it ASAP.

(On a personal note, I HATED my experience at this store and I'm glad that they're closing..but I feel bad for all those brides who have dresses there or who ordered dresses from there. I'm reading some horror stories on the BBR facebook page.)

Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!

• gnh99gnh99 member
    First Comment
    I got married 13 years ago and hated my experience then.  Horriable place..
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:cb157a93-54d5-4e48-8bb0-6b40b75f288d">BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18632582/nj-bridal-store-closes-and-leaves-woman-expecting-dresses" rel="nofollow">http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18632582/nj-bridal-store-closes-and-leaves-woman-expecting-dresses</a> I hope anyone here on the board that bought their dress here goes and gets it ASAP. (On a personal note, I HATED my experience at this store and I'm glad that they're closing..but I feel bad for all those brides who have dresses there or who ordered dresses from there. I'm reading some horror stories on the BBR facebook page.)
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]
  • Yikes. Good luck to all the girls who bought there, seems like a nasty situation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Wow - my friend's sisters dress was from there last year. I can't even begin to imagine what these poor brides are going through.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I got my dress there and im getting married in November.. They called me on Monday and asked me if I could pick it up cause they were renovating.. I new something was wrong it just didn't make sence.. I asked why no one told me this before I ordered my dress and well of course they couldnt give me an answer.. SO I went right away and picked it up.. I figured at least I have my dress if they do close and then I saw this on the news yesterday!!!  I had a very nice expirence with them the day I got my dress, so did my sister and many friends of mine thats why I went there.. Its a shame.. And I hope everyone is at least able to get there dress.. Best of luck :)
  • Wow that is fantastic news. Sorry of course to any of the brides that have purchased their dresses there and are waiting for them. This does not surprise me one bit! 

That place is horrible. I had such an awful experience there. I have never been treated so badly by any store before in my life. The people that worked there and managed the store there were just absolutely awful and rude to me and my family. It is no wonder that they went out of business with the the way they treat people! I'm surprised they were able to stay in business this long with all the problems they have caused. 

I'm glad though no other brides will have to go through what I know myself and others went through with them! 
  • omg! i'm in panic mode!  nobody called me!  i'm calling now.  i'm getting married in September and they told me the dress would be in sometime in June!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:486aabc3-b071-492a-b829-5858a82a44e4">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg! i'm in panic mode!  nobody called me!  i'm calling now.  i'm getting married in September and they told me the dress would be in sometime in June!
    Posted by tiffany104[/QUOTE]

<div>You need to go there immediately.  No one will answer the phone and the only people there are the seamstresses.  If your dress is there then you can take it home if it's paid for, if not I suggest you call the designer to see if they have it at their warehouse.  You need to go to the back door and by tomorrow.  </div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:af2b94fe-a339-459a-96f2-3c584da300d4">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!! : You need to go there immediately.  No one will answer the phone and the only people there are the seamstresses.  If your dress is there then you can take it home if it's paid for, if not I suggest you call the designer to see if they have it at their warehouse.  You need to go to the back door and by tomorrow.  
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!  MY MOTHER-IN-LAW IS ON HER WAY THERE NOW!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:af2b94fe-a339-459a-96f2-3c584da300d4">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!! : You need to go there immediately.  No one will answer the phone and the only people there are the seamstresses.  If your dress is there then you can take it home if it's paid for, if not I suggest you call the designer to see if they have it at their warehouse.  You need to go to the back door and by tomorrow.  
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!  MY MOTHER-IN-LAW IS ON HER WAY THERE NOW!
  • My friend is getting married on Sunday and bought her dress at Roma's.  She had an appt this past Saturday for her final fitting and after waiting there for about 5 hours - in tears - they finally gave her the dress.  So glad she got it in the end, but she went through emotional hell all day waiting.  I hope other brides were able to get their dresses. 

• I went there this morning at 9 am and left at 12:00. It is terrible to see what happened Fox 5, Pix 11 and news 12 all interviewed the bride. Thankfully i got my dress, alterations were NOT done and the I was charged for them (not given a refund) honestly i am grateful to have my dress. On another note the seamstress and bodyguard at the place were sooooo nice and were working around the clock to help get brides their dresses. I left in tears because i felt so badly for the workers and I knew they felt badly for the brides. Its a shame that their buisness went under the manager is an ass and the owner obviously does NOT care about his buisness. Much respect to the seamstresses who are trying their hardest to take care of the brides. Good luck ladies get there asap to get your dress!!!!! good luck all its going to be the happiest day of your life!!!!
  • I just picked up my dress there on Saturday, it was so weird and sureal. But now I have no idea where to get it altered at. Does anyone know where I should go? It's a pretty pricey Lazaro dress filled with lots of beading and detail so I don't want to go to any old shop. Shame, I went to bridals only becaue I knew their seamstresses were good and I didn't even get to use them :*(
  • my mother in law has been there since 1130.  the cops were called not long ago and she was told the police were called there Saturday as well.  Several police reports were filed already but my friend who happens to be a clifton cop told me to file a complaint with BBB.  the place went bankrupt and i'm still trying to figure out how since everytime i went they were packed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:6b7e265b-0ca8-495e-baf1-685d6489ac56">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went there this morning at 9 am and left at 12:00. It is terrible to see what happened Fox 5, Pix 11 and news 12 all interviewed the bride. Thankfully i got my dress, alterations were NOT done and the I was charged for them (not given a refund) honestly i am grateful to have my dress. On another note the seamstress and bodyguard at the place were sooooo nice and were working around the clock to help get brides their dresses. I left in tears because i felt so badly for the workers and I knew they felt badly for the brides. Its a shame that their buisness went under the manager is an ass and the owner obviously does NOT care about his buisness. Much respect to the seamstresses who are trying their hardest to take care of the brides. Good luck ladies get there asap to get your dress!!!!! good luck all its going to be the happiest day of your life!!!!
    Posted by mbkehayas[/QUOTE]

i was telling a coworker about this and when i told her the name she told me her friends family owns it.  she called her friend who said the uncle went bankrupt.  also found out that it has been a big family dispute for quite some time now because some wanted to sell and others wanted to keep it.
  • I picked up my dress from Roma`s and now have found somewhere else to do my allterations. They are so nice and helpful. Lavinia`s Bridal , Lavinia is willing to help us! if any one needs her number 845-354-5444 Good luck to all!!!
  • Channel 11 is having a story on it tonight. I just saw the preview.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow!!! my FI's friend's wife was telling me about this place on Sunday and how she had such a great experience there and loved her dress.  I was seriously considering going there to look at dresses but obviously not now!!  What a shame for all thos ebrides who don't have any idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • here are 2 stories from channel 11 and 5.  Channel 2 is having it on at 11pm as well.  My mother in law was told to file a police report and one of the reporters said to file a complaint with NJ Consumer Affairs.  I have that link below as well.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18649336/clifton-bridal-shop-closing

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-angry-brides-storm-bridal-shop,0,6180351.story

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/ - click file a complaint and fill out the PDF
  • Try Tinas Bridal, maybe 5 miles down the road on 46 west (across from Applebees). I got married 5 years ago and one of the reasons I ended up going to Tinas for bridesmaids dresses was that Roma sucked.

• I just went to see my dress 10 days ago. I am not getting married until November but they said I should take my dress home in June because "they were going to be renovating." My mom and I remembered a local bridal shop closing and not giving the brides their dresses, so we flat out asked the seamstress if they were closing and she hinted that they were--BUT she said she could get all my alterations done quickly and in June. After about two hours of arguing with them and pleading with them to tell us the truth, we decided to take the dress home and thought we could go back later for alterations. My mom actually called them yesterday to figure out what we could do. My heart really goes out to all those brides who didn't get their dress! This is disgusting for a place that has been around for so long.

On another note, I need some seamstress recommendations!
  • i went there last week to pick up my dress.  They made me leave with it and told me they were doing renevations as well and they did not want anything to happen to my dress. I am getting married in July.  I went here b/c I had also heard nothing but good things about them and they have been around for over 60 years.  I am just happy that I have my dress.  I feel bad that so many brides are just out of luck b/c they will not get any of their money back.  At least I am only out Alterations.  Im just upset that they made an alteration apt for me knowing they were going out of business.

in Response to <a href="http://princeton.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:0beeafad-e598-46ac-bb79-e4fb821a411e">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I got my dress there and im getting married in November.. They called me on Monday and asked me if I could pick it up cause they were renovating.. I new something was wrong it just didn't make sence.. I asked why no one told me this before I ordered my dress and well of course they couldnt give me an answer.. SO I went right away and picked it up.. I figured at least I have my dress if they do close and then I saw this on the news yesterday!!!  I had a very nice expirence with them the day I got my dress, so did my sister and many friends of mine thats why I went there.. Its a shame.. And I hope everyone is at least able to get there dress.. Best of luck :)
    Posted by Jeleigh21[/QUOTE]
  • This is insane! I saw the line of brides and bridesmaids on tv all waiting outside of the store desperately trying to get their dresses.  I am so so grateful that I found my dress before setting an appt there because I almost went there for my bridesmaids dresses. I would have been screwed.
    I hope you all get your dresses. I feel so bad for those that are in the middle of this. It's not fair.  :(
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Off The Rack Bridal is offering gowns deeply discounted for brides that have not picked up their dress! Please email us for our invnetory list, we have new 2011, 2012, Enzoani, Maggie Sottero, Rosa Clara, Casablanca, and more!! 281 690 0109

• IOff The Rack Bridal is offering deep discounts of new 2011 and 2012 Enzoani, Maggies, and Rosa Claras in case you don't get your dress..281 690 0109.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridals-by-roma-closing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:333c60b4-9c82-49c7-a453-e2a1ca674fefPost:486aabc3-b071-492a-b829-5858a82a44e4">Re: BRIDALS BY ROMA CLOSING!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg! i'm in panic mode!  nobody called me!  i'm calling now.  i'm getting married in September and they told me the dress would be in sometime in June!
    Posted by tiffany104[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards