Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I learned today...(talk to me here)

Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)

• Options
    anyone have any favorite online shoe stores for cheap (costing) shoes?  I need some nicer shoes to go with all the new clothes but I don't really do heels.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ski! Congrats on the flying Daff! Today was a lazy day, but Ell and I did go for a nice long walk around the city before dinner. And, just 4 more days until Bay and I go up to see Snippy. This is going to be a good week of vacation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hockey, I like shoebuy.com 
  • Options
    Hockey, Pete likes Lulus.com.  I were 2-3 inch heels to work most days.  I find that the thicker the heel, the more comfortable they are for the entire day.

• Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the bday wishes.  I am toast, headed to bed, plus my computer is beeping at me and would like to be charged!  Night!
  • Options
    My life was just made. That spice girl reunion was beautiful. I may have had tears of joy. It was too short though. When they showed missy franklin all excited, I realized that she was 4 when they are big. Wtf. She probably thinks they are "vintage".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:d3e57b65-5466-4721-9de8-a9721d5640f6">Re:I learned today...talk to me here</a>:
    [QUOTE]My life was just made. That spice girl reunion was beautiful. I may have had tears of joy. It was too short though. When they showed missy franklin all excited, I realized that she was 4 when they are big. Wtf. She probably thinks they are "vintage".
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, MuSu. You make me laugh. </div>
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Ski! 

Work was good today and I got some good stuff at the outlets. Some work shoes and a pasta maker thing. I'm excited to use it! I wish it weren't late right now...
  • Options
    Hockey, what are you trying to match? I am happy to assist! I love shooooooes. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:61a808f4-bdbb-4a7f-8854-316b59be65f0">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday Ski!  Work was good today and I got some good stuff at the outlets. Some work shoes and a pasta maker thing. I'm excited to use it! I wish it weren't late right now...
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>AH! Pasta makers are FUN. I have one for my KitchenAid mixer and it is awesome. </div>
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    DOES NO ONE HERE CARE ABOUT THE SPICE GIRLS???!! I'm hyped up at the moment. Eta: haha thanks Wally.
  • Options
    Oh, sorry Ski! How did I miss it was your birthday?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
  • Options
    Pasta makers are awesome. I need to get around to using mine again soon.
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, MuSu, my Spice Girls enthusiasm has been usurped by these ancient rockers. ; )

ETA: Otherwise known as Queen and some hottie they hired to walk around so people don't notice how hella old the band members are. Oh, and she SINGS, too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:7a1e0e63-624b-4900-b7ce-f848fd3ea294">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : AH! Pasta makers are FUN. I have one for my KitchenAid mixer and it is awesome. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>Dude I wanted that one (registered for it) but it's so freaking expensive (probably completely worth it) for me to buy right now. I got one for like 25$ so if it sucks I'm not going to be too sad. I want to try making GF pasta. And spinach. And lemon pepper. LOTS OF PASTA.</div><div>
    </div><div>The new diet (old diet, really) I'm on is so not cohesive with this new purchase...</div>
  • Options
    Haha Jessie j is the weird chick singing with them. Adam lambert is singing with them now as a new singer but maybe he isn't there because he is American?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:2dbe1037-ce3c-4f09-a90a-042bd7090a88">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : Dude I wanted that one (registered for it) but it's so freaking expensive (probably completely worth it) for me to buy right now. I got one for like 25$ so if it sucks I'm not going to be too sad. I want to try making GF pasta. And spinach. And lemon pepper. LOTS OF PASTA. The new diet (old diet, really) I'm on is so not cohesive with this new purchase...

<div>YUM. We have made wheat pasta quite a few times. I've never done anything more adventuresome than cracked pepper in it, but that was great. I need to get back on the wagon and start cooking again. </div>
  • Options
    I made pasta from scratch once... Made me really appreciative of the convenience of my boxed pasta lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:5e3334f4-a28d-4326-9174-70e1a67bf217">Re:I learned today...talk to me here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha Jessie j is the weird chick singing with them. Adam lambert is singing with them now as a new singer but maybe he isn't there because he is American?
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Who is Jessie J? Never heard of her before. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:a2d12996-2296-4754-ac4e-f5563a037d65">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : YUM. We have made wheat pasta quite a few times. I've never done anything more adventuresome than cracked pepper in it, but that was great. I need to get back on the wagon and start cooking again. 

<div>Me too! When we first moved a year ago I made everything from scratch and now I'm lazy as sh1t. </div>
  • Options
    She's just a dime a dozen pop singer, Wally. That happens to be from the Uk. My friend joked that the only reason she was there was because Adele is too pregnant to perform lol.
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:8f4873df-1207-41a9-a9c8-ba8a02252946">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : Me too! When we first moved a year ago I made everything from scratch and now I'm lazy as sh1t. 

<div>I cooked and ate so well and worked out EVERY day, sometimes twice a day. I was doing so great until February when my dad got sick. Of course that all happened when we were moving into our new home AND the wedding planning went into full swing. I am looking forward to focusing on ME after the wedding. I know that soudns awful and selfish, but it is necessary. Right now, I feel so overwhelmed with the wedding, recent move, still not all unpacked and just ugh. </div><div>ETA: MuSu, thank you for educating the elderly on Jessie Jazzy or whatever her name is.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:626547bc-3935-449c-9970-33bc010e1063">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : I cooked and ate so well and worked out EVERY day, sometimes twice a day. I was doing so great until February when my dad got sick. Of course that all happened when we were moving into our new home AND the wedding planning went into full swing. I am looking forward to focusing on ME after the wedding. I know that soudns awful and selfish, but it is necessary. Right now, I feel so overwhelmed with the wedding, recent move, still not all unpacked and just ugh. 

<div>Not selfish. You've been pretty damn selfless lately, don't you think? My mom went on a freaking vacation after our wedding, and she deserved it. </div><div>
    </div><div>Right now I wish the house was clean like it used to be. We put the new stuff away but then there are boxes, and old stuff, then more new stuff comes...it's like I'm never done. It's so overwhelming I feel like giving up completely. But the disorganization bothers me too much for that. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:250a0ad9-1821-48a7-ad60-476d3e2f3628">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : Not selfish. You've been pretty damn selfless lately, don't you think? My mom went on a freaking vacation after our wedding, and she deserved it.  <strong>Right now I wish the house was clean like it used to be. We put the new stuff away but then there are boxes, and old stuff, then more new stuff comes..</strong>.it's like I'm never done. It's so overwhelming I feel like giving up completely. But the disorganization bothers me too much for that. 

<div>This is how I feel. Our new house is a lot bigger than the old, so we got a lot of new things. Plus then there is wedding stuff EVERYWHERE. </div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe we will go on a little trip after the wedding. That would be nice. I have really enjoyed the wedding planning, it's just time to get it done already. I know it will be worth it and will be one helluva party. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:158643ae-e34f-421a-8c6f-757e63c035b7">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : This is how I feel. Our new house is a lot bigger than the old, so we got a lot of new things. Plus then there is wedding stuff EVERYWHERE.  Maybe we will go on a little trip after the wedding. That would be nice. I have really enjoyed the wedding planning, it's just time to get it done already. I know it will be worth it and will be one helluva party. 

<div>I'm in the same place Wally. I unpack a box, and we buy furniture for a room that needs to be arranged and unpacked. It's like one step forward 3 steps back. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:4c1e4b50-163b-4774-a387-338ea254e532">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey hey! We're sitting here watching the closing ceremonies.  H is doing laundry, and I'm contemplating having a mocha.  I don't know why I'm this sleepy. Oh, and?  <strong>Does Jessie J not have any clothing that isn't a nude colored body suit?  Ugh.</strong>
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>It was nude an spangly in spots. But pretty sure one leg was actually bare. </div>
  • Options
    Hmmm, not feeling the green, glow-y head dreses or whatever. 
  • Options
    What's a radler, Bree?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-learned-todaytalk-to-me-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d63f0980-5e71-4ee0-be2b-270af8c0f8e4Post:11cd630d-2310-4150-8434-7807aea54ad6">Re: I learned today...(talk to me here)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I learned today...(talk to me here) : I'm in the same place Wally. I unpack a box, and we buy furniture for a room that needs to be arranged and unpacked. It's like one step forward 3 steps back. 
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly! Most of what I have left to unpack is all my craft and sewing stuff. Which for the most part is fine because I don't have time to do any crafts except for wedding things. And I have tons of cupboards for it all, but just don't know exactly how I want it all arranged yet. </div><div>
    </div><div>That and a ton of office-y stuff is what's left to unpack. It's a biiiitch when I need something though. I mean, the other day it took 20 minutes to find a damn glue stick. </div>
  • Options
    Yep she is due in September, Bree! My house is super cluttered right now. I live comfortably in clutter so it won't get clean until the day before J comes home so that he doesn't have a conniption lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards