Florida-Central Florida

Honeymooning in Central Florida

Hi Ladies,

I'm honeymooning in Kissimmee next July (2011) and I am looking for restaurant suggestions and any other suggestions for things we have to do when we're down there.

We are staying near International Drive.

Any suggestions are appreciated!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
290image Made the Cut!!
175image Are Ready to Party!!
56image Are Party Poopers!!
59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

Re: Honeymooning in Central Florida

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I Drive.  It's a tapas restaurant with a bohemian artsy feel and they have belly dancers and artists there performing while you wait.  

There are a million dinner shows around there as well.  I've been to almost all of them but I get into them really really cheap.  They are fun but most of them are not worth it unless you get a coupon or a good deal.  They do tend to have coupons farily often so scour the web for any discounts for the shows.  My favorites are Pirates and Arabian Nights.  Pirates gives you the most show for your money with the least amount of filler and fluff and the show is continuous throughout dinner.  It is a lot of acrobatics, singing and acting and interaction with audience. Arabian Nights is a stunt show with horses and is also pretty cool to watch.  Sleuths Mystery has the best quality food but the cheapest show.  

Disney has some really great restaurants in their resorts. I really like Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.  It is all you can eat with gourmet african food but they have american fare too. The quality of the food is pretty good. When you go, go before sunset so you can view all of the animals on the plains walking around.  You can also view them with night vision goggles sometimes too.  (not from the restaurant, from the viewing area).  I also love Ohanna in the Polynesian.  It is family style all you can eat and they are a churrascuria.  You get big skewers of meat etc.  If you go, ask for the steak first.  They always give you the chicken first and make you fill up on the cheap stuff before the steak.  If you go at Fireworks time, you can see wishes through the windows and they broadcast it in and dim the lights.  It's really nice. In July, wishes is around 10 PM every night.  You need to get reservations for any Disney restaurant six months in advance or you probably won't get it.  They fill up really fast.  Call wdw dine to get reservations.  
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Theresa! I absolutely love Tu Tu Tango :)
  • edited December 2011
    We'll have to check it out! :) Thank you so much for your advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI: If you are going to go to a dinner show, make sure you use one of the discounts. They are always in the coupon books at hotels and offer discounts through AAA too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    There is an AMAZING sushi restaurant on I-Drive called Rangetzu. Its one of the best in the world- and one of the only in Florida that serves real kobe beef. Also, Texas de Brazil is tasty too- its on the other end of I-Drive near the outlet mall. 

If you want to check out some menues, a lot of the REALLY phenomenal restaurants in Orlando are participating in the Magical Dining Month and have sample menues available at http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicaldining/
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_honeymooning-central-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:4dca2392-15a5-45ad-b799-10a3823580a9Post:7a26b938-3184-419b-8838-933bbd4ea4e5">Re: Honeymooning in Central Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is an AMAZING sushi restaurant on I-Drive called Rangetzu. Its one of the best in the world- and one of the only in Florida that serves real kobe beef. Also, Texas de Brazil is tasty too- its on the other end of I-Drive near the outlet mall.  If you want to check out some menues, a lot of the REALLY phenomenal restaurants in Orlando are participating in the Magical Dining Month and have sample menues available at  <a href="http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicaldining/" rel="nofollow">http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicaldining/</a>
    Posted by eso16208[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you so much for the info!! My FI absolutely LOVES sushi. I'm not a fan of seaweed and I haven't had anything without it, so I'm sure we'd enjoy that!!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!

• JustKateJustKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's a bit of a drive (probably about 30 minutes or so) but Citywalk has a lot of really cool places and things to do.  There are several great places to eat.  Margaritaville, Bubba Gump Shrimp and Latin Quarters are all good.  The Hard Rock is also there as well as Universal Studios.  They also have a few night clubs that aren't too wild and crazy but can be a good time, The Red Coconut and The Groove are both fairly trendy.  Lastly, there is also a karaoke bar/club called the Rising Star that can be a lot of fun! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards