Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation Wording

Our plan is to have the ceremony outdoors in the park where he proposed. However, in Indiana, end of April can be... a bit difficult... when it comes to weather. If the weather isn't suitable for a wedding, we plan to hold the ceremony in the same venue as our reception. 

How do we handle this in our invitations? How would wording work? Thanks for all your help!!
Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
image Of 155 invited:
image 74 Will rock out the night!
image 11 Are party poopers!
image 70 Are procrastinators!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation Wording

• I think there's a "Rain Plan" insertion you can do in your invitation packet.  And I'd put information on your wedding website, if you have one.

But you are 15 months away.  You don't really need to worry about this detail until you're closer to ordering invitations.

• I agree with PP. Don't worry about it yet--when the time comes for invites, just put this extra info on the insert as you would with hotel accomodation info. If you're doing STD's with a wedding website URL on them, this info can also be on your wedding website. And you can also (on top of the invite insert) spread this via word of mouth too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Yup, an insert in the invite with "Inclement Weather Information" is what you need.  The biggest thing is that you need to figure out how you're giong to tell people if the inclement weather plan has kicked in.  Who do they call?  Are you sending an email/mass text message?  Do they need to check your website?  Etc.  Figure all of that out before you put your invites together. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Thanks guys! I know I'm jumpin' the gun, lol. I'm just also a full-time student and wanted to get as much done as possible while I'm on break. :) Thanks for the help!
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards