Hawaii

Friday Check-in!

Hey ladies!

What's been happening this week in wedding/life? I just got a brand new student who the girls find very attractive and it's playing out like a teen drama novel. My fave girl student just started a relationship with a guy in her class, along comes the new guy and all of a sudden she's interested in him.

I'm not going to lie. It's pretty damn entertaining to watch.

We've almost decided on a place to stay on the Big Island. We're either going to rent 2 condos at the Kanaloa at Kona or at Kolea. Any thoughts on which you'd prefer?

http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-islands/hawaii-big-island/outrigger-kanaloa-at-kona

http://www.waikoloavacationrentals.com/kolea-rentals/8d.html (we'd get 8D & 8E)

I've never stayed on the Kohala Coast area - is it nicer than Kona? How's the vog there?

Re: Friday Check-in!

• edited December 2011
    hey chick - real quick bc i'm have an interview coming in to be my asst - kohala coast is nice, BUT it's cooler and rainier than the other parts (at least from whenever i would visit dad's family there).

not much is going on wedding wise.. it's sorta been put on the backburner for now bc my mother's brother passed away last week. le sigh. so we're headed to portland, OR this weekend for my baby bro's graduation from college and then in a week flying back home to HI for the funeral.

c'est la vie.

your HS kid drama sounds MUCH  more fun!!
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha, I really already envy you for being able to get everyone back together for a reunion trip, how cool is that?? I have never been to the Big Island so I can't really offer any good advice on those places....but I'm sure they are both amazing.

Caiandcullen, so sorry to hear about your uncle :(  Try to enjoy the graduation celebration if you can.

As far as wedding stuff goes, we have a couple's shower tomorrow at my house, thrown by my MOH. It was supposed to be a backyard luau/BBQ, but now it is supposed to rain :(  So we are going to try and cram people into our small living room and kitchen area. It will be mostly FI's family, since mine live in Canada and most of my friends can't make it for one reason or another.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Alyson - Hysterical about the teen drama!  I'm no help on the Big Island.

Cai - So sorry for your loss.  Have a safe trip.

Andrea - I hate rain....thus why I live in the desert lol.  Enjoy the party!  I'm still waiting to hear about your Bachelorette party!

Wedding - I did get a few RSVP's this week after FI e-mailed his family last week.  We decided on the menu and flowers.  Still trying to work out details on the menu end for the kids.  They say the children's menu is for 8 and under, however I have 6  8-13 year olds whose parents told me they will not eat fish or steak.  Now the restaurant is saying they can order kids items but didn't give me a price.  I'm just wondering if they are going to charge adult price for a hamburger, etc.  Did anyone else have a problem with this?  The jewelry  I'm having made is turning out incredible.  She sent more pics yesterday.  I will have that in about a week.  We're hoping to knock a lot off the list this weekend with the small details. 

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hope you all have a great weekend!

As for me and the wedding, well thats up in the ari AGAIN! We were planning for Sept 2011 when we first got engaged, then changed it due to the fact we had an opportunity to go to Germany in 2011, so we pushed the wedding to Sept 2012. We could not afford to do both in the same year :(. Well just this morning we found out that the trip to Germany may be called off, as FSIL may have a diffrent job opportunity. :( Great we can get married one year earlier, but, I REALLY WANTED TO GO TO GERMANY NEXT YEAR! I sound so selfish, most girls cannot wait to get married and here I am putting a trip that FI and I have always wanted to take above our wedding. I could care less if we got married in a shack wearing potato sacks and twistie ties!

This weekend I will be going to the Greek festival with FSIL and nephew YAY! I cannot wait!!! MMM the food!
  • MiniWheatsMiniWheats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyson, I love your updates about school.  I forget how much drama our lives had when we were in school.... lol.   When you were explaining it, i couldn't help but think of Twilight.... 

I just cleaned my house top to bottom... we are talking baseboards and everything.  Now I am getting ready cause my hubby is talking me out for dinner.  Whoo hoo.   The rest of the weekend is pretty boring.  The weather has been so yucky (SNOW!) that no one wants to do anything.  I guess I will cuddle in and finish The Josephine B trilogy.... which I have already read and HAD to read again.  I highly recommend it.
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just glad it's the weekend! I feel like I've been going 100 mph since the wedding. Geesh! I studied all this week for an exam that I had yesterday so that is a relief and I am transitioning into another position at work so I feel like I am doing double duty. This weekend I plan on tackling my to-do list for our AHR. It's just at hair-pulling as wedding planning because it involves so many more people even though it's just a stupid old BBQ. Grrr...
    Here's to rest, relaxation and getting stuff done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Alyson, what years do you teach again? That's some pretty entertaining dramas...

For wedding related stuff, my mom had a meeting with the chef for our rehearsal dinner and we worked a bit more of that out.  And, I'm so excited, I rented my bridesmaids' and my jewelry from www.adorn.com.

In my life, I'm allowing myself 24 hours to breathe and get my house back in working order after working on one paper a week for the last three weeks (the guest room is just a pile of laundry...ahhh).  After today I'll be studying and writing one paper every two weeks--still pretty stressful. Good news: I got my final student teaching placement at a great private high school. It's 40 minutes away, but my neighbor is actually my supervisor and head teacher :).  Also, because the school's History/Econ/Geography dept. is connected with English, I'll be able to practice both English & Economics :) Very cool.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards