Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Landlord/dog issue

Thanks for all the advice!  I sent on the msg, we'll see how it turns out!

August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
Anniversary

Re: Landlord/dog issue

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it sounds bitchy. I would add an exclamation point after "We love living here!" just to sound more loving. :) I think it is a fine response.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why would they say you are leaving soon if you're not?

I think I'd quote what the clause in the lease says just to be very clear. 

And I don't know I'd offer to clean up from other dogs.  But that's just me. :)

Other than that I don't think it's b!tchy at all.
  • edited December 2011
    I 'm not sure why they say we're leaving soon.  I thin kthey just assume, as our lease is up in July, I'm done with school, etc.  They sent us an email last week asking us when we planned on moving (in addition to a whole bunch of other stuff like  melting ice, etc) and I did not address that question in my reply to them.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree - I would ask about cleaning up after other dogs - I would tell them that you will clean up what your dog leaves, but will not clean up after others...

I think it sounds good! I wonder why they would think you are leaving?!?
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the response is fine, however if there is a pet deposit that would explain why you needed to let them know. pet deposits are common, as is pet rent.

i've always had a pet when moving from place to place, so i'm not sure what it's like to get a pet after moving in. but it would seem like something that would be necessary to bring to the landlords attention since it is their property in the first place. if we were to get a puppy (which almost happened over the weekend), i'd let our landlord know so that he is aware of what is going on in his properties and to make sure he didn't require an additional fee for the pet. but that's just me. i've learned that landlords are extremely picky about pets in their properties, so i'm always upfront about my cats to avoid any issues like i've had in the past.

good luck sorting it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I am dd'ing this!  thanks ladies!!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Just a f/u - it;s all resolved.  I don;t have to pick up any other dog's business, but I need to not let our dog go on the front lawn all the time (even though I pick it up) because they are convinced his 3 lbs his killing the grass.  They understand we are looking for a house but have made no decisions yet, and are still planning on renewing our lease.  Everyone is a-ok! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards