Louisiana-Baton Rouge

And the tug of war begins...

***VENTING***I want a small wedding, and Mom wants a large one, lots of people, and dad wants all of his business associates there, and me I am thinking about destination, so I can forgo all of that BS. Dad if you want a big party for your buds, have a Christmas Party hunting trip, what ever!!! ***VENT OVER***

Re: And the tug of war begins...

• edited December 2011
    Tell them if they want you to have a larger wedding then they need to help with cost or offer to pay. That usually helps!
  • edited December 2011
    It is a big event for the family, but it is about a marriage, not business, but if they want to pick up the bill, why not? Not to sound materialistic, but guests bring presents. AND, as you may know, in the Baton Rouge business culture, it is not what you KNOW, but WHO you know.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    My brother had a small wedding so when the wedding was over my Dad threw my brother and his new wife an "Announcement Party."  My Dad got to have the party he wanted with all his friends and co-workers and my brother and his new wife got the intimate wedding that they wanted. It was a good compromise.
  • edited December 2011
    I really Like that idea Carole!
  • jrichouxjrichoux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am, currently in Announcement Party negotiations
  • jrichouxjrichoux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are now leaning heavily towards the announcement party, but it is far from settled.  :-|
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards