Wyoming

Need help finding a place for Ceremony and reception? New to the area

Hi all,
I recently moved here so I am unsure of where good places are in the wonderful state of wyoming. We live and work in Cheyenne so we don't want to go to far but I want somewhere nice because we have family coming from all over the world. Also somewhere preferably outdoors for the ceremony in the fall of next year. We don't have alot to spend because my parents are paying and they are military as are we but I am the oldest daughter so I am allowed a good wedding.
June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Need help finding a place for Ceremony and reception? New to the area

• edited December 2011
    HI!  Congratulations on your engagement!  I grew up in Cheyenne and got married there in July.

Here are my suggestions:

Vedauwoo is a rec area about 30 minutes west of Cheyenne on I-80 and would be beautiful in the fall.  There aren't any official places for a wedding, but there is a chapel near Hynds Lodge off of Happy Jack road (behind Vedauwoo), I hear. I think folks just sorta find an open place and set up.  You might need a permit.

The Botanic Gardens in Lions Park in town is a popular place for an outdoor wedding.  They are so pretty. There are different spots available depending on We were supposed to get married here, but it hailed :(

Some people go down to Estes Park in Colorado (maybe 1.5 hr from Cheyenne), but it's a little pricey down there.  Some friends of mine had their outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at a ranch down there.  They thought it was a good price for an all-inclusive deal.  I could get the info if you want.

Some popular reception venues include: 

Little America (west end of town).  It's been redone recently and is beautiful inside.  Also on the pricey side, but you can have them do food, etc. 

The Plains Hotel downtown is also a wonderful old building that would do catering, etc.  I'm not sure on price.

The Train Depot downtown has got some great character inside--it's been refinished, too.  You'd have to bring in your own food and tables/chairs, but it's pretty affordable to rent.  That plaza may also be available for a ceremony site, but I'm not too sure on that.

The Kiwanis Community House is very cheap to rent, and is basic, but very nice inside.  We had our reception here.  They have tables and chairs, but you have to bring in your own food.

Finally, there is the Trails End Club on base.  My sister got married here, as well as some other friends.  It's pretty nice inside and seems to be a good price.  You just need to provide a guest list with driver license numbers ahead of time to get all the civilians on base.  They do food, too. 

Phew.  That's what I can think of.  I'm sure some other folks will give more. There are a few places in Laramie, (45 minutes west), too, and then up in the Snowy Range (1 hour from Laramie), that we could tell you about if you wanted to go that far.  But cost of transportation can really get you!

Let me know if you have any other questions.  It's so helpful to hear from people who've used the vendors--especially because they don't all put their names in the phone book! 

Good luck and enjoy your planning!
  • FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you. That atleast gives me somewhere to start.

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok so I think I have picked my place it is the Wild Basin Lodge it is gorgeous.

Now I need to figure out people for flowers, cake, and a dj / ceremony music.

I think all the rest is included in the site. Will find out this weekend when I go to see the place.

• edited December 2011

Oh, wow, that's on the other side of Estes!  It's pretty, though.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I went the other day. I am in love with the place. Now on to finding the rest.

• edited December 2011
    Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you and as soon as I get the ok from my parents on the wedding site I will be contacting you. Actually I may do it sooner then that so I can decide if I need to do their Classic or Enhanced package.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards