Pre-wedding Parties

Post "Wedding" Party Question...

We are moving (FI is in the Air Force) a little less than two weeks after our small wedding (just our parents and siblings) .
Would it be rude to have a big BBQ going away type party (which is obviously not an occasion with gift giving) with all our friends and family (even those who were not invited to the wedding) so soon after the wedding date?

Re: Post "Wedding" Party Question...

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it be rude at all, just don't expect people to travel in from out of town if they had just traveled in 2 weeks prior for your wedding.  I would probably keep the guest list limited to local people and make sure it's much more low key than your wedding was. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be rude at all. Hopefully people are able to understand.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an Air Force Bride too and if your friends are anything like ours, they'll have a grand time just going to any party.  I think it's a nice idea.
  • edited December 2011
    It is never rude to throw a party.
  • Anthriel22Anthriel22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think its rude!!  If you want to have something to say goodbye to everyone, I dont see anything wrong with that!!!  Good luck and safe travels!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    exactly what anthriel said!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea! I don't think it's at all RUDE, I think it's super nice to include others. Your wedding was just your parents and siblings, so now you can invite everyone to celebrate you and your marriage before you leave! I can't construe it to be rude in any respect and even if you weren't moving it would be entirely appropriate to have a tiny wedding and then a larger and informal (no gifts) reception a while afterward, especially given the military circumstances.
  • edited December 2011
    OOOPS. I hit no but meant: No it would be rude at all.

Have tons of fun!
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's rude at all, just make it clear that you are not expecting or desiring gifts.  Otherwise, people may think you have ulterior motives and consider it rude.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  I accidentally said "no" in the poll because I thought I was asking if it was rude.  Oops!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • ayankeebelleayankeebelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a sweet idea!

I think most of the people who said no probably thought they were saying no it isn't rude.
  • splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not rude! It's a good reason for a party - have fun  :)
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes, because it's a military move, but in any kind of move where you're going a good distance I would find it appropriate.

Go ahead!  It's going to be a busy and stressful time, so it would give you an opportunity to get together with people and let loose.
  • sistersuzisistersuzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's nothing rude about it at all!!! You're having a going away party, anyone who thinks it's rude shouldn't be invited! Good luck with your move!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards