Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Where do I apply for a marriage license

I live in Georgia and I know I have to the courthouse in the same county I live in, but does anyone have any more specific information?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where do I apply for a marriage license

• Options
    Almost MrsKAlmost MrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Cobb so just searched Cobb co. marriage license. 

Other than having to be there by 4:30, it looks pretty easy, thank goodness! My wedding is in 13 days and we still need ours. :)

• Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I just got ours last week.  I can tell you a few things:

Google search the website of the county you want to get it in, we found out online that a lot of counties only except cash and that the fee is different in each county.

If you have proof of 6 hours of premarital counceling the fee is heavily reduced.

You do need to be there together with your drivers liceanse and fee ready (no blood tests needed.)

It was actaully really really simple!
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Do you need a birth certificate or social security card or will licenses be enough?

This is a great question to ask!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nick and I went to the North Annex gov't building today to get the license and it was unbelievably simple.. $51 and 15 mins later we were out the door. I was so thankful we didn't have to go to the main courthouse downtown.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at the North Fulton Annex as well. The clerk was very nice and the deputy in the hallway was all smiles and questions when we walked out of the office. It was actually a surprisingly pleasant experience.

CCH
  • Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Annex in Fulton too!!  As long as you are both GA residences drivers liceanse is all you need, well, at least for Fulton, I am pretty sure all the counties are the same but I'd check online just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    ALYinATLALYinATL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you apply in the county you live in or county you are getting married in!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure in GA you can get it in any county. And it does not expire in 30 days like in some other states.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is appliable to anyone here yet, but we sent our signed marriage license in 3 weeks ago, and I was curious how long it took to get the certified copy of the marriage certificate back?  Anyone received theirs yet, post-wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards