Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who should I invite to the rehearsal dinner?

Obviously I'll be inviting our parents, our bridesmaids/groomsmen, ushers, pastor and readers, but do I also invite the flowergirls/ring bearers (and their whole families)? 

I guess I wasn't thinking of the cost of the dinner when I decided to have SEVEN flowergirls and a ring bearer! I'll definitely need them there for the rehearsal, but would it be rude to just invite the kids and one parent to the dinner portion? Who else am I forgetting to invite?

Thanks! 

Re: Who should I invite to the rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have this same question except I am wondering if my BM and GM should bring their signifcant others or husbands/ wives.  I think we will invite the ring bearer to dinner becaues he is my nephew and the flower girl and her parents. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion yes you should be inviting the flower girls and family to dinner. I assume you are close enough to them to ask them to be a part of your wedding and you might hurt some feelings if they are not invited. As far as the spouses you should invite them too.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anybody who is in the wedding party should be invited to the RD and their SO's or the families of the kiddos.

Our RD had:

-My Parents
    -DH's Parents
    -Our BP and their SO's
    -Our FG and her family
    -Our RB and his family

Also, my mom since she was hosting invited my grandparents and OOT guests. But we also had a backyard rehearsal and dinner so it wasn't as expensive as holding the dinner at a restaurant.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with summerkutie.

If you're worried about cost, you can have a budget friendly RD. Look at getting pasta for everyone, and then some salads. Keeps the cost down, it's filling, and pretty much everyone can eat it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it would be rude to invite only one parent of the children. And holy crap, 7 FG"s is overboard IMO.
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they go to the rehearsal, you absolutely need to feed them afterwards. I can't imagine the kind of chaos that will ensue with 7 flower girls. Good luck.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards