New York-Hudson Valley

Prices

Hi All,
  We are just starting our venue search. Just curious about prices. We're planning a Friday evening wedding in August 2012. Here are some places we're interested in, but feel free to many any suggestions!

-Falkirk Estates
-Catlin Gardens
-Grandview
-Poughkeepsie Grand

Any financial info you can share would be so helpful! Thanks :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Prices

• yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Grand will probably be best value based on minimums, etc. Or at least that's what I found when I was looking.

Edit: definately found the grand to be bang for buck vs. cheap ...bad choice of words.

• edited December 2011
    I will HIGHLY recommend the Pok Grand.  We had our wedding there and it couldn't have been better.  IMO, their package along with their sister property Anthony's Pier 9 are hard to beat because they include so much.  2 years later, when our families talk about weddings, they still talk about all the food offerings we had. 

Prices are going to vary depending on packages, time of day etc so your best bet is just to call and request information from each venue. 

I will say I paid under $90/pp including tax and gratuity for our wedding at the Grand but that was 2008 pricing.
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!

Prives will vary greatly based on the time of year, day of the week, and time of day.  Also, minimums will vary as well.  Do you have a date in mind?

I got married in 2010 on a Friday night in April (outside of typical wedding season) and paid $95pp before service and tax (it came out to somewhere around $125-$130 a person in total).

You should make a tentative guest list so you have an idea of how many people you would expect, put together a budget, and then start calling places to see what their minimums and pricing structure is.

I hope you find the board to be helpful in your planning.  Good luck!

I believe when I looked at Catlin gardens for an April wedding (and the gardens wouldn't be open yet) was somewhere around $95 to start.  I have no idea what they would be at now.  I also looked at the Grandview and attended a wedding there.   It is beautiful!  I was turned off by them in my planning process however.  Every place I called was willing to negotiate food and pricing, except for them.  My guess is that they must get enough business that they don't need to negotiate.  There are many ladies on here that have very positive experiences with them though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • tfunicellotfunicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input. We're looking at Friday, August 10, 2012. We have appts with Falkirk and the Grandview this week. We have our guest list sketched out, obviously not finalized, and a good idea of our budget. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but I want the most bang for my buck. Thanks again for the info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I can't wait for my wedding this August on a Friday night at the Poughkeepsie Grand. We're having 112 people and it's 79 per person and they give you 5 complimentary hotel rooms and a complimentary bridal suite hotel room with a jacuzzi and a lot of food, open bar, flowers for the table, and a cake from the Pastry Garden all included. Definitely look into it. A lot of people had great things to say about weddings there. We're working with Rachel and Michelle and they are soooo nice.
  • edited December 2011

Welcome & Congrats on your engagment.

I Got Married At Catlin Gardens in Sept 2009,although i did not have a Fri wedding i think the prices are about the same,We Paid $129.00 per person(not including tax & service fees).But i believe they have cheaper packages for $99.00 a person and a more expensive package for $159.00/$169.00 a person.

• edited December 2011

Congratulations on your engagment. I'm getting married in May of 2012 at Rolling Greens. When we were picking our venue I checked out The Grandview and the Grand and while I was at the Grand the wedding corrdinator suggested Rolling Greens which is owned by the same family.Its a country club which has a different feel from the rest of there properties which I fell in love with. For a Sunday wedding its $64 a person without tax and grats. I think its the same for a Friday. Good  luck in your search.

• pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm having my reception at falkirk estate sept 2012... The place is beautiful and the food is amazing. Other places have lower costs but the food is subpar. We did a tasting at Anthonys and the food was honestly terrible. We are paying 215 per person including plus plus. Good luck!
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grandview and Pok Grand both have their prices on their websites... not sure about the others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only place that you mentioned that I check out was Falkirk Estate I live right down the street from there.  The place is nice and the grounds are beautiful.  However, they nickel and dime you for everything!  Having a Viennese hour was a must for me.  They didn't seem to have a very extravagant one and kind of tried to discourage me from having one.  They said that having a viennese hour would only extend my wedding 1/2 hour instead of 1 hour.  They also said that any alcohol that was consumed in that 1/2 hour would be billed to me that night (how tacky!)  Valet is an additional charge.  Overall was not impressed. 
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valet hasn't been an extra for us at Falkirk and to be honest I feel like it has been the exact opposite of "nickel and diming". I'm in love with the place!
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:9ae362d5-c057-4813-88ff-b59afde383c3Post:6ef86e4b-c247-4f58-9a47-fc68b10151d6">Re: Prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Valet hasn't been an extra for us at Falkirk and to be honest I feel like it has been the exact opposite of "nickel and diming". I'm in love with the place!
    Posted by pinkrn19[/QUOTE]

They probably have changed their valet service since I checked them out.  I went last April right when they had just finished the renovations.  A few of my friends went around the same time and they had the same issues.  They prob needed to make some changes to attract people.  Also, when I visited them they wanted 165pp.  They def raised their prices!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:9ae362d5-c057-4813-88ff-b59afde383c3Post:7fecf823-e53a-4acf-873f-aa4740424c5d">Re: Prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the input. <strong>We're looking at Friday, August 10, 2012. </strong>We have appts with Falkirk and the Grandview this week. We have our guest list sketched out, obviously not finalized, and a good idea of our budget. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but I want the most bang for my buck. Thanks again for the info!
    Posted by tfunicello[/QUOTE]

my brother and FSIL are getting married that same day! They booked Rolling Greens!!
  • tfunicellotfunicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved the Grandview, & I was actually surprised at the cost. We saw Catlin Gardens the same day and I expected the Grandview to be so much more. Definitely exciting to get the search going. 8/10/12 is already booked in most of these places so I guess we'll see what happens. 8/10/12 doesn't have to happen but it would be neat. Thanks for all the insights!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:9ae362d5-c057-4813-88ff-b59afde383c3Post:7fecf823-e53a-4acf-873f-aa4740424c5d">Re: Prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the input. We're looking at Friday, August 10, 2012. We have appts with Falkirk and the Grandview this week. We have our guest list sketched out, obviously not finalized, and a good idea of our budget. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but I want the most bang for my buck. Thanks again for the info!
    Posted by tfunicello[/QUOTE]

I had to reply when I say the date you were looking for. I am getting married on 8/10/12 at Falkirk <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards