Snarky Brides

HI THERE

Is anyone around?  I'm supposed to be cleaning my house but instead I'm sitting outside with Simon and drinking beer.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

Re: HI THERE

• Hi!  I'm watching Dawson's Creek on Amazon Prime. again. ;)

I'm annoyed with my house. The a/c is set at 72, and our house is still 78*. wtf. The a/c is brand new.
  • Steph, I feel some of your pain.  My A/C is relatively new, but doesn't cool down the upstairs for shiiit, so I had to buy two window A/C units to keep my bedroom and office bearable.  Kind of defeats the purpose of central air.

• OMG where are all you fuckers?

• I might be going out of my mind because I'm so bored. Ugh. 

I'm getting ready to watch so you think you can dance. 

I did apply for a job yesterday and they e-mailed me asking for a copy of my virginia certification. It's not an interview yet but it's a step in the right direction.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I should be working if I'm not cleaning, and I don't want to do that either.  I fail at being a grownup.

I have to write a MOH toast for October and I'm scared out of my mind about it.

• I am off on Friday and I have a meeting tomorrow and I need to leave early so I busting my butt to get stuff done today. I have been non stop all day today and I am so ready to go.

My A/C was so weird the other day. We came home and it was at like 60. It was freezing in the house. Our friend that lives with us was home and I thought he turned it down. I was WTF why is it so damm cold. He had just gotten home and turned it off because it was so cold. It hasn't done it since but it was weird.
  • I really want some chocolate right now. I am trying to be super healthy until I go to the beach this weekend but I still wish I kept some chocolate in the house.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike, that's good news about the job!  I bought those Fiber One brownies the other day and they're actually pretty good, and a fair size, and only 90 calories.

Would you ever post a picture of yourself in a bathing suit on here and ask for opinions?  I would never have the balls.  I've seen multiple people do it over on GBCN.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hi-there-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c94ee1d9-0bf5-41fe-8dd0-729bb1535c9bPost:c74fbe1d-8b02-4c37-abb3-49e1805f31e7">Re: HI THERE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hike, that's good news about the job!  I bought those Fiber One brownies the other day and they're actually pretty good, and a fair size, and only 90 calories. <strong>Would you ever post a picture of yourself in a bathing suit on here and ask for opinions?  I would never have the balls.  I've seen multiple people do it over on GBCN.</strong>
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

<div>Never but I also have pretty bad body image issues. </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I can barely handle going to the beach in a bathing suit, let alone posting a picture on an anonymous forum for some jackas to comment on.  I was proud of myself for finding a swimsuit that I actually liked on Monday and not freaking out about it.

• I'm here, trying to figure out what to do this weekend. It's going to be really hot so that pretty much rules out anything outside. I want to go into the bedroom where there is ac but I don't feel like dealing with the internet on my phone. It's too hard to browse for goodies. I'm trying to get gift ideas for my parents and the MoH and BM. 

Smash - I'd rather gouge my eyes out then post pictures of myself in a bathing suit anywhere. Even when it is somewhat anonymous. 

I want chocolate covered strawberries. I may get some (minus the chocolate) and some prosecco to go with the St. Germaine I have tomorrow night. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd die without central air
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey!  I just got home from work/tanning/picking up a few things and now I'm going to sit on the couch all night watching SYTYCD and eventually make meatloaf.

I realized today just how awesome my job is.  I work directly for 5 of the executives in our company.  I was talking with one of them about wedding music and it got to the point where half the office was around my desk talking about it.  The CEO went as far as to call his teenage daughter so she can put together her top 20 songs and will give them to me tomorrow.  I love that place. 
    imageVacation
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    HI! I'm watching SYTYCD and waiting for H to get home. Then I'm making tacos!

I had my first appointment with my new doctor today. We had a sonogram done and got to hear the heartbeat. H was a little uncomfortable that there was a guy poking around down there, but I think he got over it when we saw the pictures.

I get to work abbreviated hours tomorrow, and I'm really happy. I still have to close the store, but going in at 5pm is so much better than 2! Then on Sunday, I start my vacation! YAY!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm getting a bit tipsy and resisting the urge to text BF incessantly.  He's at a work event.  I should not send him obnoxious text messages.

I lived without central air for about 4 years... I paid to have one installed in the old house about 2 months before XH dropped the bomb on me.  That's a sore subject.

Brandi, that's really cool of your boss.  Sometimes I miss working in an office with people, even though working from home is awesome.

SEWF, I don't think I've told you congrats, so congrats!

• Ash- How'd you meet bf?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think in theory it would be amazing to work from home, but I would probably get lonely and never bother to do my hair or makeup. 
    imageVacation
  • We are in school together and were pretty good friends, Hike.  Things very unexpectedly escalated.  I wouldn't have characterized him as my "type," at all, at any point.

• That's awesome Smash. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hi-there-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c94ee1d9-0bf5-41fe-8dd0-729bb1535c9bPost:291a7aa0-3321-404a-9ac1-ea89c3672554">Re: HI THERE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think in theory it would be amazing to work from home, but I would probably get lonely and never bother to do my hair or makeup. 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    I'm still in my pajamas.  And it gets lonely.  I do go into the office with other people 2-3 times/week, and I really love my coworkers (like, they're some of my best friends).  But it does get lonely, especially because I live alone, so on days that I don't go in or have class, I have virtually no interpersonal interaction.

• Thanks, Hike.  He's a nice guy.  I'm not used to that, at all.

• Those of you watching SYTYCD- do you have favorites yet?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alexa. 
    imageVacation
  • No favorites yet Brandi. I'll have one at the end though. I'm bummed H isn't around. He always watched the show with me and, I'm pretty sure, liked it as much as I do. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • How long is your H deployed for?

• I love watching this by myself. I get so into it. I'm kind of bummed about this week because FI is going to TX all weekend.  We don't see each other M-F because of our schedules so I won't see him for basically 2 weeks.  I don't know how you do it, Hike! 
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I was outside tending to my garden and taking pictures of said garden. I think I was out there for nearly an hour lol
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm not really sure. 4 months? Honestly, we never know and it always changes. I just hope he gets here before my due date. If it's earlier than that, it'll be an extra treat.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    I'm so jealous of all the gardens. I want one so bad but we don't have space to do it. 
    imageVacation
  • Aw Hike, I hope he does too.  I don't miss that shiiit at all.  

Nebb, I planted seeds (flowers, not vegetables or anything).  Some of them sprouted!  I was proud of myself.  Nothing compared to you and Blue, but not too bad to start with.

• I think if I planted a garden my dogs would somehow figure out a way to mess it up and kill the plants.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards