Military Brides

Not sure the best solution to working around this....help!!

My FI and I are both in the Navy and we are stationed onboard the same ship. One of us has to leave the ship, since we cannot be in the same command. Because of our jobs (we have the same job) we have to have sea time before we can go to a shore command, so we both have to be on a ship. Our chief told us we probably will not find out who is leaving and where that person will be going until probably a few months before we are supposed to get marriend (sept 10, 2011). And since the amount of carriers is slim, we might be in two different states. We know the schedule of the ship we are on now and that we will be able to have our wedding any day we want in that year, but we won't know about the other ship for awhile. I'm afraid of us planning everything and paying for everything just to find out one of us will be out to sea. What should we do?

Re: Not sure the best solution to working around this....help!!

• Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if you still want to plan go ahead.  But make sure all your vendors allow for a military clause or I have heard of wedding insurance so you can change your date.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you both planning on making a career out of the Navy?  Because this is something you will have to deal with your entire careers. 

Do you have any ideas of where you could be going?  I know deployment schedules are never certain, but I know the current schedule of a few carriers at least.  My H is stationed on a carrier. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we are both not going to make it a career. I love the military and have no problem being apart of it, its the only life style i've ever known, but i don't want to do the whole dual military. It just makes things more difficult then need be. We could either both be in washington or one of us in washington the other back in san diego.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sym- I sent you a personal message.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards