Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding at the Flamingo or Chapel of the flowers?

My FI and I are having a hard time deciding where to have our wedding. Even though Chapel of the flowers is on tv they really aren't doing it for me. I heard good reviews about the Flamingo as well. I'm not from Vegas and we are planning this long distance. Does anyone have any other suggestions if these two are no good?

Re: Wedding at the Flamingo or Chapel of the flowers?

• edited December 2011
    Are you looking for an outdoor wedding? You can check into the Artisan Hotel. It's off the strip and they have a really nice garden area. I am using them for my wedding. The prices have gone up since I booked earlier this year but they are still resasonable. I had looked into the Flamingo as well as Chapel of the Flowers I passed on Flowers because of the fact I couldn't have my own music outside or guests couldn't take pictures and for me that was a no go. I passed on Flamingo because I didn't feel like spending over $800 dollars and not feel like I was getting much. Also another good place too look at if you are wanting outdoor is LV Hilton. The prices are decent as are the packages for me it was between them and Artisan. FI liked Artisan better so that's who we went with. LV Hilton offers good room rates for guest if you book a wedding with them.
  • Junior_HJunior_H member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having such a hard time choosing too! We have looked at COTF, The Flamingo, Caesars Palace and Lakeside which is a bit different. The problem we have is that it will just be us and our two witnesses so don't want to shell out too much on the ceremony if you see what I mean!

We're staying at Thehotel at Mandalay bay but can't seem to get a reply from their wedding department at all! Bit annoying.

I was looking at the Artisan as it looks like such a brilliant place for a wedding but have read some bad reviews on Trip Advisor Undecided

We're arranging this from the UK so would have to get there and anything be wrong. We can't really go and scope anywhere out either...
  • edited December 2011

It's suppose to be just us as well but I wanted to send out a few invites to just in case people do want to come. We plan on booking in January so I'm going crazy with choosing.

• edited December 2011
    We would like to have it outdoor. I'm just afraid i'll have to start this search all over again. We plan on booking in January. I'll check out the Artisan! Thanks for your input.
  • edited December 2011
    OH I totally know what you mean about the reviews on trip advisor they scare me a lot. Although most of them are based on the actual hotel and not so much for the wedding. The wedding coordinator does not work for the hotel or something like that she just hosts weddings there. There were a couple girls on here who got married there and their reviews were comforting enough for me. As far as staying there I will be staying at the Flamingo lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Here's the link for the Artisan
    www.lasvegasmasterpieceweddings.com/

Here's for the LV Hilton
    http://lvwc.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link! The flamingo is giving us a free stay and all together we would get about 18 pictures. My only thing with the pictures is I don't care how many we get as long as we can get more copies made when we get home. I guess I might be starting all over again. We definitely want to book in January.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-flamingo-chapel-of-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:789f03a0-56e2-4c5d-ad46-d6930b1ceca0Post:7af5c1f3-a6f0-41d9-b658-2fdfb6afe978">Re: Wedding at the Flamingo or Chapel of the flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having such a hard time choosing too! We have looked at COTF, The Flamingo, Caesars Palace and Lakeside which is a bit different. The problem we have is that it will just be us and our two witnesses so don't want to shell out too much on the ceremony if you see what I mean! We're staying at Thehotel at Mandalay bay but can't seem to get a reply from their wedding department at all! Bit annoying. I was looking at the Artisan as it looks like such a brilliant place for a wedding but have read some bad reviews on Trip Advisor We're arranging this from the UK so would have to get there and anything be wrong. We can't really go and scope anywhere out either...
    Posted by Junior_H[/QUOTE]

Junior_H - If you are still having a hard time contacting the MB chapel email Arriel Owen. She is the chapel supervisor and is quick to respond to her emails. At first I was having with the same issue and went almost a month before I received a response. Arriel is great. Her email is <a href="mailto:aowen@mandalaybay.com">aowen@mandalaybay.com</a>
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have considered most fo the places mentoned and scouted them so here is my two cents:
    COTF - the set up here is a parkign lot in the center with the various chappels/wedding locations surrounding and when I was there they had multiple weddings occuring at once. It looked a little like a madhouse to me, there was not enough parkign for all of the guests and it seemed really easy for yoru guests to wind up in the wrong place. This was too busy and two cluttered for me.

Artisan - I stayed here and let me tell you the reviews are all true. I wouldnt even stay at this hotel if it were free! They are a mess inf your are a guest, however the outdoor wedding location is absolutely georgeous and cheap (my two favorites). The wedding coordinator seems to have her stuff together so this might work for a wedding location but don't let yru guests stay here or they will never forgive you. The prices for the wedding really are amazing and they seem to be very accomodating with outside vendors, wedding start times, etc. If you have more that 50 guests this location will not work  despite what the wedding coordinator says. Their chapel seats about 30 and the outdoor location cant possibly hold more that 50...maybe 60 at best but you may end up with chairs without covers or chair covers that do not match.

Flamingo - they have some nice outdoor locations but I ended up crossing them off my list as a potential venue becuase when I arived no one woudl show me where the wedding office was. Peopel kept pointing but I never found it. After a half an hour I gave up. From what i saw the locations are nice but they are near the pool so it sems like it could be a little noisy. 

Another good option is the Sprigns Preserve...their prices are comparable to the above mentioned suggestions and it is absolutely stunning. There are both indoor and outdoor locations to choose from so you are covered if you are marrying during a colder/rainy month.

I hope this helps. Let em know if you have questions...we scouted a tom of places while we were there.

K
  • Junior_HJunior_H member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Denisse thanks for that email address!

Will have a look through the list to see if I can get some reviews from someone who had their ceremony at the Artisan. I was kinda hoping that it would be good for the wedding only as I had heard that the wedding organiser was separate. I'd hate to book it and it not go the way I want it to!

I quite fancy the sunset helicopter wedding but my OH isn't keen. V annoying!

I don't want to go somewhere and stand in an empty chapel, which sounds silly coming from someone who has been waiting to run off to Vegas for 10 years!
  • edited December 2011
    When you say copies like you want the disc of photos? I know that you can purchase one from the photogs but they are really expensive at least to me I think so. Now to make copies of prints that IDK...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards