September 2012 Weddings

XP To put it on the RSVP or not??

We will not be doing meal options at our venue, besides a vegetarian option. Should we still put options down on the RSVP? I thought it might be easier to just put a line for dietary restrictions so people could just list any allergys, etc. Or should I just leave the RSVP without any food indications and trust that people will let me know if they have any restrictions on their diet? 

Re: XP To put it on the RSVP or not??

• We aren't doing meal options either and our reception venue/caterer told us to put a line that says "Dietary restrictions requested" because they will make special meals for those people.  Unfortunately we had already ordered invitations, but I think this is your best bet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I agree that it is your best bet.  We aren't having options either except for vegetarian.  We are doing online RSVPs and the form isn't that flexible so we just put a note on that page of our website saying to notify us of any dietary restrictions. 
  • I think a little blurb at the bottom that says *dietary restrictions requested* is a great idea. That should cover vegetarians and vegans also along with gluten frees and nut allergies and such. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I had this same question b/c we are serving family style and vegetarian was going to be the only plated option (unless there is another major dietary restriction). So, are you saying just write "dietary restrictions requested" and then a blank line underneath for them to fill out if needed?
  • We didn't put in on the RSVP, but we are putting it on our website. I plan to put the menu on the reception portion of the site, and will ask them to email any dietary restrictions to me. Though I think we only have 2 people that will need separate meals and they are both my age and internet savvy. If there were more guests that I thought might have dietary restrictions, then I might have included on the RSVP. 
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • [QUOTE]We didn't put in on the RSVP, but we are putting it on our website. I plan to put the menu on the reception portion of the site, and will ask them to email any dietary restrictions to me.
    Posted by irshdancr5500[/QUOTE]

This is what we are doing.  We would have put it on the RSVP card if we hadn't already ordered them.  Ours says "We will be serving surf & turf at our reception.  If guests have a dietary restriction, allergy, or would like a vegetarian meal please contact the bride at emailaddress@gmail.com and we will do our best to accommodate you."

We are also going to ask around/email family members.  We probably know most of our friend's/family's restrictions, but we don't know those of their dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We aren't doing meal options either except for vegetarian and I just put a little space where the guests can check off "vegetarian option."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_to-put-it-on-the-rsvp-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:3b80df96-3eb4-431a-aefe-e1b7e73731e1Post:4e39b552-83de-4382-89b2-5d147b5256a5">Re: XP To put it on the RSVP or not??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a little blurb at the bottom that says *dietary restrictions requested* is a great idea. That should cover vegetarians and vegans also along with gluten frees and nut allergies and such. 
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

<div>Completely agree!</div>
  • I do think putting a space for people to write dietary restrictions is a good idea. Just be prepared for the people who are gonna write "I HATE tomatoes" or something like that. It happened to someone I know. She got way more "requests" than actual restrictions.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards