Catholic Weddings

Rehearsal dinner

Did those of you already married invite the organist to your rehearsal dinner??  We invited the priest, but not the organist.  We have an organist, guitarist, cantor, and a violinist!  Is there an expectation that we invite them all to rehearsal dinner?  FFIL may be unhappy with this as we already have a guest list of about 40!  I hadn't thought of this until someone on another board mentioned inviting their organist. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If the musicians are at your wedding rehearsal I think you should invite them.  We did not have our organist at the wedding rehearsal and did not invite them to the rehearsal dinner.  Along with our priest we also invited our church wedding coordinator who was at the rehearsal and our altar server and his family because they where at the wedding rehearsal.

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did but only because he was a friend and doing it for free. If your musicians are paid vendors, they will not expect to be invited to the rehearsal dinner even if they do come to the rehearsal. (They usually don't attend the rehearsal anyway.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not invite them but they also didn't come.  I don't think they'd be offended if you didn't invite them.  
  • edited December 2011
    For us, there was an additional fee if the cantor & organist were at the church reheasal and we opted to not have them there. Therefore, they were not invited to the rehearsal dinner.

Like pp said, if they are not at the rehearsal, there is really no need to invite them to dinner.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we did not invite ours, as they were paid persons who did not attend the rehearsal.  we also didnt invite the altar boys as they did nto attend the rehearsal either.
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I didn't ask them to attend rehearsal.  I guess I need to check with them to see if they were planning on it or if our preist requests that they attend.  Our priest has been  VERY relaxed about all of the planning parts of the ceremony.  I need to come up with a list of questions about things that need to be taken care of.  I am still not sure if I have everything I need. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards