Not Engaged Yet

This puts things into perspective...

So, just when I thought I was having a shitty time of things, and ready to go drown myself in a hole with a bottle of wine, I get a text from my best friend. Her younger sister is amazing, I love her, we've been close since my best friend's wedding a few years ago.

So she tells me that sister's boyfriend of two years, who practically lived with her, and told her to go pick out rings, ALREADY HAS A FIANCE. AND IS GETTING MARRIED IN APRIL.

WTF.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: This puts things into perspective...

• Holy bat balls. He wins the twatwaffle of the year award. What did she say to him? Is she dying to know who this girl is or is she too hurt to bother?
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • WTF indeed, how is it that you're with someone for TWO years and not know they were having a relationship and now engaged to someone else?
  • Wait, did I just read this right? So she's his backup plan in case marriage #1 fails?

• Damn.  I really want to call him a douchenozzle, but somehow that doesn't seem adequate.
  • I'm with Liv...

• o.0  I have no words!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I just had to read that four times to begin to understand it.

And I still don't get it.

He has a Fiancee?  Like, is marrying someone else?
    I french with my man
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    Does the fiancee know about your friend's sister?  Because if she doesn't, I'd do everything in my power to make sure she does.  And not in a vindictive way, but she deserves to know what kind of guy she's marrying....
    Anniversary
  • I'm with Liv. 

Can we have more details?!

• Apparently, someone went to a friend of hers & said "your friend needs to back off, he's getting married." The friend did some research & found this other girl's facebook page. He tried to deny it & then ended up admitting it, saying "It was never his intention to hurt her." WTF. He told her he was officially moving in in March, but, he's getting married in April. TO SOMEONE ELSE.

I don't know where this other fiance is, or what. I'm trying to find out more. I'm just so irate right now. What kind of sociopath are you to do something like this??

*******************************************************************************************

• If this was going on for two years how did neither of the girls suspect something??  

• Whaaathefuck. Dude sounds like a psychopath. That totally sucks for her-but she's obviously better off.

Does the other woman have any idea? Because if I were your friend I'd be seriously tempted to send her an anonymous e-mail or something?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:dfb340e5-566f-4385-8fe5-6bffcee126ef">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does the fiancee know about your friend's sister?  Because if she doesn't, I'd do everything in my power to make sure she does.  And not in a vindictive way, but she deserves to know what kind of guy she's marrying....
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Shall we send my special band of butt raping unicorns to visit him?? Their eyes are red.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• edited January 2012
    Apparently every time he was going to NJ on "business" he was going back to the fiance. I can only assume that he would tell the fiance in NJ that he was doing the same in CT.

• Whoa. What a douchecanoe!

Talk about not living in reality. Did he think he could live two lives forever??!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:4ca1e298-2099-4abd-ba09-d07390e9746f">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently, someone went to a friend of hers & said "your friend needs to back off, he's getting married." The friend did some research & found this other girl's facebook page. He tried to deny it & then ended up admitting it, saying "It was never his intention to hurt her." WTF. He told her he was officially moving in in March, but, he's getting married in April. TO SOMEONE ELSE. I don't know where this other fiance is, or what. I'm trying to find out more. I'm just so irate right now. What kind of sociopath are you to do something like this??
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>...no offense to anyone, but is he mormon?</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:643b48ef-a876-41d5-9fc8-7d83fa649f02">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This puts things into perspective... : ...no offense to anyone, but is he mormon?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

No, just a huge effing douche.

And yes, let's send buttraping, red-eyed unicorns to his house. Please. So I don't actually have to do the murdering myself.

• Bri, something here (well, a lot, actually) isn't adding up.  Where the eff does he ACTUALLY live?
    I french with my man
  • What the...

Wow.  Just...holy doucheballs.
  • I'm with Peek, something is just so weird about this. Plus if he travels so much on "business' it's likely he has another girl strung along too.
  • What a disgusting person.  How long has he been with the fiancee?.  Was the fiancee a quick hookup and neither girl had much time to figure out the fact that there was "another woman" involved?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If I were her, I'd tell the other girl!
  • Bri - YGFBM
    I french with my man
  • He wins boyfriend of the year award.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I don't...what the...I can't even...

What an a$$hole! Who does something like this and sees no fault in it?! My head is about to explode with rage over this guy.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:891578bb-b37f-4a24-bf31-ad3482053c12">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shall we send my special band of butt raping unicorns to visit him?? Their eyes are red.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Hey you know where I can rent them?  I have a couple of unsettled scores I need to deal with :-p
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    You know, I always thought this kind of stuff only happened on tv.

Then I learned from my mom that someone I've known forever, who'd been with her husband for over 30 years (their kids are 32 and 28), just learned that he has another wife and kids in the Philippines! Not surprisingly, they're getting a divorce.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:2ecd46b0-2542-4372-b8ed-423f3080052e">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with Peek, something is just so weird about this. Plus if he travels so much on "business' it's likely he has another girl strung along too.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily agree with this part... my BF is gone all the time on business. doesn't have another girl strung along. Or maybe he does.

Anyway, he was either telling both of them that they were his "home base" and did the traveling both ways. I don't know. Maybe she was completely oblivious, and that sucks too... but I just can't imagine being in her position right now. I'm sure she is analyzing every.little.thing at this point, and wondering how it could have happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards