Wedding Etiquette Forum

Too early for an evening thread?

Re: Too early for an evening thread?

• I was wondering what KOP stood for, too. I wish we had a better mall in my area. We have some fantastic boutiques, but sometimes it's better to just have everything in one place.
  • Never heard of King of Prussia. Shows you how often I leave the west coast.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Darn. I just signed up for my fitness pal and I only have 354 calories left for dinner. That is no good. I'm also -31 on fat and -18 on protein.

Thanks, MFP, thanks. Way to make a girl feel good.
  • I live 3 hours from there and have never been so don't feel bad.
  • I hate that about MFP. My breakfast/lunch is easy to log because I pretty much have the same thing all the time.  Dinner is a biiiiitch.  But, still, I find it more user-friendly than the Spark People app, so I try to stick with it. 
  • I have never been to Philadelphia or anywhere in PA for that matter. I want to go see the tourist sites and go to Hershey.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The closest I have been to Philly is D.C.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Enjoy C and happy birthday!

KOP was one of my favorite haunts when I lived in Philly, Goodness that was ages ago. 
  • edited May 2012
    I have *started* ignoring my sugar count since if I eat a large banana it is half my daily sugar allowance. If I have too much sugar from eating my 2 fruit servings a day, so be it.

ETA: started not stopped.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hadn't heard of King Of Prussia either.

Liesel - I like snickers blizzards from DQ.  There's a Coldstone in the shopping plaza by my apartment complex.  YUM!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:20346586-c59e-4f2b-9970-a74ace6170e4">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eagles -  I ate a breakfast taco the other day from a bakery near school and I had to l<strong>ook up every ingredient and estimate.</strong> It does help me be more cognisant of what I'm eating and how it can add up quickly.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>For the end of year project for nutrition she had us track all our food for 3 days and enter it into a diet analysis program. It took for for fuggin ever since I'm vegan I use odd ingredients for some of my meals and searching for them was such a pain in the butt. </div>
  • In Response to Re:Too early for an evening thread?:[QUOTE]I have never been to Philadelphia or anywhere in PA for that matter. I want to go see the tourist sites and go to Hershey. Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Hershey Park is fun. We used to go every year when I was little... It was the highlight of my summer since we didn't really go on many vacations.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • The first time(and only other time that I know of) I came to Philly was for last year's event.  Clearly I don't leave the west/central sides of the state all that much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:1f7230f8-e441-46a8-a111-7842d6472c77">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never been to Philadelphia or anywhere in PA for that matter. I want to go see the tourist sites and go to <strong>Hershey.</strong>
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Hershey is fun.  There is a really sweet (no pun intented) spa at the Hotel Hershey.  Totally worth it.  
  • Well that was a frustrating 10 minutes. I dropped my white BCP on the carpet. The white carpet. Laame.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:08b28481-7435-46d0-9ba8-8ac2ff92fb00">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hadn't heard of King Of Prussia either. Liesel - I like snickers blizzards from DQ.  There's a Coldstone in the shopping plaza by my apartment complex.  YUM!
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that makes me jealous! One of the apartments I lived in when I was in college (I say that as if I didn't graduate a mere 3 weeks ago, haha) was a block away from Coldstone, but I tended to forget it was there. When I did remember though, I'd pig out. It was great, and also not great, haha.</div>
  • I heard Hershey has a nice Christmas village thing going on, too.
  • I had considered taking a trip for spring break this past March but that was before I knew I was paying for a wedding. I think I'm going to try to go next spring for a few days.

I have never been to DC either. We used to take the same vacations every year so I never went anywhere new.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've wanted to visit Hershey ever since I watched the Jon and Kate plus 8 episode where they took the kids there, haha. I still really miss that show. Those kids were precious, and I actually really liked Kate. 
  • I like Hershey Park.  I'll probably go sometime this summer.  My aunt & I joke about it frequently.  When I was 19, my grandma & I went out to my aunt's house so that I could help my uncle with their 5 kids while my aunt & grandma went to SFO for a few days.  My uncle's company picnic was at HP and not long after eating the catered meal he decided he was going to leave me with 4 of the kids (ages 11,9,7, & 4 at the time) with $20 for 7 hours.  I felt like I couldn't say no, so we made it work (and looking back it wasn't ALL that bad), but once my aunt found out about it, she was none too pleased with her H. We laugh about it now, but at the time it was not funny.
  • Maggie Moo's is my favorite ice cream place. There cotton candy explosion is to die for. I love cotton candy ice cream. Coldstone's isn't as good.. It's less sweet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:cc0b1b3e-24af-42bc-b9d5-753f82e05608">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ski, I didn't know you lived here!
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I lived in Conshohocken for two years while I attended photography school.  My sister was at Drexel for two years prior to that.  It will age me if I tell you this, but I went to many of the last concerts at JFK stadium in 1983 before they tore it down. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:5d054f71-ee7c-47d4-968e-d627f8506737">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for an evening thread? : Oh that makes me jealous! One of the apartments I lived in when I was in college (I say that as if I didn't graduate a mere 3 weeks ago, haha) was a block away from Coldstone, but I tended to forget it was there. When I did remember though, I'd pig out. It was great, and also not great, haha.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>The Krispy Kreme in town wisely chose the corner less than a block from half the dorms. Clever KK, clever. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:e5b03b9f-4f31-4a52-80fa-a5b290ffa880">Re:Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maggie Moo's is my favorite ice cream place. There cotton candy explosion is to die for. I love cotton candy ice cream. Coldstone's isn't as good.. It's less sweet.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never heard of Maggie Moo's. Is that a chain? </div><div>
    </div><div>We just got an Emack & Bolio's here. I think they're mostly in the Boston area? Not sure how Illinois got thrown into their mix, but they have the best peanut butter oreo ice cream in the world. </div>
  • I'm a very boring ice cream eater.

Also, "Informer" just came on the 90s music channel.  My life just got awesome.
  • That is sad Holly.  
  • I had snickers in my cold stone when we were on our honeymoon and I was bummed because the snickers got so hard I couldn't eat them after a while. The first couple bites were wonderful though.

My favorite ice cream is Mora iced creamery. They are a local place and have some of the oddest flavors.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c82154b9-1572-4518-b7b2-bbf8b34c6f55Post:8fa199ca-d11b-4fcb-bb2f-9b43e19a1526">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a very boring ice cream eater. Also, "Informer" just came on the 90s music channel.  My life just got awesome.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>A LICKY BOOM BOOM DOOOOOOOOOOWN!

</div>
  • I like Coldstone for dinner when FI is working the 3-11 shift. 
  • In Response to Re:Too early for an evening thread?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Too early for an evening thread?:Maggie Moo's is my favorite ice cream place. There cotton candy explosion is to die for. I love cotton candy ice cream. Coldstone's isn't as good.. It's less sweet.Posted by angelstar975I've never heard of Maggie Moo's. Is that a chain?nbsp;We just got an Emack amp; Bolio's here. I think they're mostly in the Boston area? Not sure how Illinois got thrown into their mix, but they have the best peanut butter oreo ice cream in the world.nbsp; Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

I think it's a franchise but I only know of 2 locations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards