New Jersey

Wedding Venues in Jersey on a Budget

I don't even know where to start to look.  I am SO clueless.  Looking for a wedding venue in Jersey, preferably northern but doesn't have to be, that is not outrageously priced.  I would also like a place I can have the ceremony and reception at the same place.  We are looking at between 100-125 guests as a rough estimate.  I do not want or need extravagant and am open to non-traditional venues or "unique" venues.  Outdoor is fine.  I am quite flexible as long as it is not crazy expensive!! Thanks in advance!

Re: Wedding Venues in Jersey on a Budget

• Not sure what you consider outrageously priced... Our reception is at The Tides.  Also check out Colonial Inn in Norwood. 
  • hey im not what exactly your price range is but try our venue the gran centurion-they will work with your budget.  then there is also the kennilworth in - thats prob the cheapest and the bridgewater manor also usually has some deals. if u have any specific questiosn on the gran cenuturion questions just let me know..our wedding is March 24 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Estate at Florentine Gardens - you'd have to do daytime to meet your minimums but that would lower the price significantly.
  • My absolute favorite (unfortunately the MOG didn't like) is David's Country Inn in Hackettstown. It's different than a normal reception hall, the bar is GORGEOUS, and the owners are SO cute. It's a family run business so they seem to make everything really personal. The prices were pretty good--included flowers (which at the end of the night they turned into smaller bouquets so guests could take them as favors) and they have tons of little touches that are amazing for pictures!! 

...I just got so sad thinking I'm not using them :(  hope this helps!!

• My venue, Casa Bianca was VERY accomodating with price. They were not sticklers about minimums and there is no ceremony "fee". A girlfriend of mine also got prices for Meadowwood Manor for an apps reception with ceremony included and they were pretty reseaonable although I can say I am getting a better price with a much more extensive menu including dinner.

You're price range with that amount of guests will be tough if you're looking at traditional, or even nontraditional inclusive venues. Try a park. Maybe Silas Condict in Kinnelon or Hedden in Randolph/Dover. They both offer pavillions with rest room facilities and seating areas. You would just have to haul everything in then. GL!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seconded! Funny because my FMIL and FFIL didn't like it either but FI and I loved it so much that they let us book there anyway! Definitely check it out!

In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venues-in-jersey-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:254d6412-8587-443c-8009-058273715a58Post:e7870692-5164-495f-9c1c-5c9bd301d668">Re: Wedding Venues in Jersey on a Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]My absolute favorite (unfortunately the MOG didn't like) is  David's Country Inn  in Hackettstown. It's different than a normal reception hall, the bar is GORGEOUS, and the owners are SO cute. It's a family run business so they seem to make everything really personal. The prices were pretty good--included flowers (which at the end of the night they turned into smaller bouquets so guests could take them as favors) and they have tons of little touches that are amazing for pictures!!  ...I just got so sad thinking I'm not using them :(  hope this helps!!
    Posted by iadvis[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Iconoran, I like the idea of a park or public space and that has been one of the ideas floating around.  If we find a venue that is just a little out of what we budgeted then we will be willing to put out a little more money if it's worth it.  I'm not intending to spend a lot on my dress, I'm making the invitations myself and possibly the favors, doing simple centerpieces and going light on the flowers.  So if we have to spend a little more on the venue that's not a huge deal, as long as we're not going into debt to do so.  I'm definitely going to look at David's Country Inn because that totally looks like our style.  Maybe we can work something out with them if they're willing and we do it at an off-peak time. 
  • Doolan's Shore Club - in Spring Lake - (near the beaches)

You can get married indoors our outside.  Very accomodating!

www.doolans.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For anybody on a budget I always recommend the Elks Club on Route 28 in Bridgewater.  It is a truly lovely space with floor to ceiling windows looking a park like setting.  You don't have to be exposed to the Elks stuff, mounted heads, placks etc.   They can do dinner packages for as little as $19.99 per person & the food is actually tasty.  They will work with you on the bar . . . a tab bar may be your most economical; you only pay for what your guests drink.  You can also do beer, wine & soda only. 

The Victorian Manor in Edison has good pricing but it's kind of dark. 
  • Hello! I am getting married at a beautiful, contemporary hotel in Basking Ridge called The Dolce Basking Ridge.  We are having our ceremony and cocktail hour there, both ourdoors, and then the reception.  They have reasonable rates and the wedding coordinators, Jenn and Christine, are wonderful and helpful!  Their rates start out low but you can upgrade their packages to fit your needs.  Good luck!
  • All these suggestions are wonderful! This gives me some great options.  Another one I might look into is the Stockton Inn in Stockton...but it is a bit far.  I'm excited to start looking at some of these places next time I'm in NJ! Thanks to all!
  • I chose David's Country Inn for my wedding next April.  It is by far an amazing deal and there are so many lovely picture opportunities with the amount of beautiful antique furnishings.  They also have 2 gas fireplaces that they will turn on free if you want.  Since our wedding is in April they said that we can turn them on for pictures then turn them off if it gets too warm.  The family that owns it are so helpful and have done a great job answering all of my thousands of questions.  I highly recommend them for a good budget friendly option in NJ.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards